Zamro – Lead Financial Controller
Salary: Competitive Package
Zamro is a fast-growing international e-commerce company, that is disrupting the world of technical supplies and is going through explosive growth. Moreover, Zamro is part of Eriks, which is part of SHV. As a Lead Financial Controller you will work from the Zamro HQ in Amsterdam, working with the CFO and Business Controller on a daily basis to build a future-proof finance and controlling department. You are a critical part of the business and will have a key position in improving financial processes, lead 2 finance team members and contribute to the strategic roadmap of the finance department. As a Lead Financial Controller you will be in close contact with all business departments: Marketing, Sales, Tech, Category Management, Logistics, compliance & HR.
Within Zamro you will be challenged to develop yourself, and you will play a pivotal part in the further international growth of the company. Furthermore, you will get a broad overview on the full finance spectrum within 1-2 years. The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s or master’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in finance, preferably in an international environment and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better Zamro worldwide.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a sparring partner for the CFO, finance team, the operational departments and the external auditors;
- Invest constantly in continuous improvement of processes and systems;
- Responsible for timely, accurate and complete financial administration of the Zamro companies in Europe, while being supported by two colleagues (responsible for AP, AR, Bank declerations etc)
- Month-end closing and reporting, prepare information for CFO to build managerial reports;
- Contribute to compliance with improving the internal control framework;
- Support budget and forecast process
- Pro-actively support and advise in developing and further professionalising the controlling department, e.g. taking on ad-hoc projects and activities.
Education and personal skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of working experience within finance, preferably in an international environment;
- Ambitious and performance driven;
- Pragmatic and ability to hold your ground in a hectic environment;
- A preference to design and improve processes;
- Strong communication skills and personality;
- Eagerness to make a difference in a dynamic company with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Knowledge of accounting principles (Dutch GAAP) and SAP preferred;
- Fluency in English.
- International environment with colleagues as fun as they are smart
- Good benefits and compensation package
- Broad and diverse finance & control responsibilities
- A cool office at a nice location (currently next to Central Station, but moving to a bigger office next to Amstel Station) and a good lunch
- Frequent social outings, (boat) parties and other fun stuff
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at 06 – 24 87 54 57 or Rick.firstname.lastname@example.org