APM Terminals Maasvlakte II – Chief Accountant
Salary: € 70.000 - € 90.000,-
Maasvlakte II, part of Maeask, opened in 2015. Maasvlakte II is one of the most innovative terminals in the world. The terminal is world’s most advanced fully automated terminal and equipped to handle the largest container ships way into the future. In 2019 two Super Quay Cranes are added. Together with the ongoing efficiency improvements the volume capacity will increase by more than 20%. The use of green energy and fully electrified equipment made it the world’s first zero emission terminal for CO2, NOx and particulate emissions. With fully fenced-off automated areas, separating men and machines, it is also one of the safest.
At this moment APM Terminals is going through a transition. In this role you will be a big part of this transition to grow towards the future.
As a Chief Accountant you are responsible for overseeing the preparation of all financial documents related to the company to implementing financial strategies.
- Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions.
- Handles intercompany accounting.
- Owns the internal year end closing of general ledger and subsidiary ledgers from preparation of journal entries to planning, follow up and signoff with auditors.
- Owns preparation of interim, year-end and comparative financial reports; performs and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget. Prepares required government reports as directed by management and responds to inquiries as necessary.
- Owns the internal monthly closing process. Reviews the General Ledger on a regular basis, to ensure cost codes are being properly used, and creates new ledger accounts or new transaction codes, as needed. Closes the general ledger every month, reporting final balances for monthly accounts. Reviews the month-end trial balance for any obvious omissions or differences.
- Responsible for end to end preparation, auditor and management signoff and filing of stat account filing.
- Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review by Controller.
Bank and cash management
- Ensures that the bank transfers have occurred so that payroll and other funding need is addressed timely.
- Prepares weekly bank reconciliation for all receivable / payable / cash; verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems; maintains integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
- Interacts with the banks and prepares the Funds Flow Reports; analyzes and recommend the need of transfers to eliminate the possibility of idle funds.
- Prepares the Funds Utilization and forecast after taking into account the present bank balances, expected receipts and projected payments.
- Responsible for effective execution, filing and monitoring of all accounting, fixed asset and relevant controls in the APMT control framework.
- Owns and maintains the reconciliation of stat account and IFRS / APMM accounts.
- Ensure IFS always reflects the correct workflow and approval flow structure in accordance with the local authority matrix.
- Performs supplier reconciliation on a periodic basis and review with CFO.
- Contributes to strategic projects by providing input on accounting aspects of projects. Does accounting due diligence and vetting of business cases from accounting, tax and transfer pricing perspective.
- Tax Planning, Control and Reporting – Responsible for statutory filing and follow-up on all taxes through close coordination with HQ tax.
- Reviews all accounts payable transactions to ensure accuracy of coding, data entry, and accurate payment of invoices.
- Checks for proper approvals and authorizations before payments are made.
- Maintains relationship with tax authorities, local auditors and relevant statutory authorities.
Degree and personal skills
- Requires a HBO or university degree (preference economics or accounting) with extensive knowledge of Dutch Gaap, IFRS standards and experience with international and statutory audits.
- Experience in Terminals, fixed asset accounting and APMM Gap is a strong plus.
- Must have working knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and general ledger processing.
- Requires at least five to seven years of progressively more responsible general accounting and finance experience. Requires at least two years of management / supervisory experience.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Ability to translate complex accounting transactions and present these in a simplified manner for management communication.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft suite, especially excel and power point.
- Working knowledge and experience with IFS, OneStream and Hyperion products is a strong plus.
- A person with a hands-on mentality
- A challenging position at one of the most innovative container terminals in the world.
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of APM Terminals Maasvlakte II.
- The opportunity to develop further, personally and professionally.
- The possibility to be part of a close, professional and strongly involved team.
If you would like more information about this vacancy, please contact Carolien van Buuren at 0628464194 or Carolien.firstname.lastname@example.org.