Archer Hotel Capital – Group Financial Accountant
Salary: € 45.000 - € 55.000,-
As the Group Financial accountant at Hotel Archer Capital you will work in an international and growing environment. The team is being built in the newly created office in Amsterdam, which means it is an exciting period. Archer Hotel Capital B.V. is a specialist in European Hotel Investments and owns one of the best quality, high end hotel portfolios in Europe.
Because this is a newly created team, you’re the second financial within the Amsterdam department. This means that you will work closely with the Finance Manager and you’re responsible for the preparation of the financial reporting. You’re expected to add value and pro-actively get involved with a great variety of projects (e.g. the implementation of a new accounting system for financial reporting and business intelligence).
The Group Financial Accountant is an important stakeholder for the asset management team and the external accountants. You will work closely with the colleagues across all divisions and the London Office. You’re also responsible for the monthly and quarterly reporting preparation, including IFRS journals and the accounting of the holding companies.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years of working experience as an auditor in an accounting firm or a background in accounting and consolidation. Of course you will bring the right drive, energy and ambition to build a successful organization.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Assistance with design, set-up and implementation of new accounting systems for financial reporting and business Intelligence;
- Assistance with the design, documentation and implementation of internal controls and processes;
- Coordination processes and reporting for the hotel and external accounting providers;
- Preparation of group level accounting adjustments;
- The preparation of quarterly tax calculations and provision of information for local tax compliance in the Netherlands;
- Input in ad-hoc projects as the Finance department matures;
- Preparing consolidated results and the accounting of the holding companies;
- Provide relevant financial information to the capital expenditures team;
- Reconciliation of Capital Expenditure plans to statutory books and records;
- Work with the Investment Management to ensure that debt compliance reporting to lenders is performed on time and in compliance with loan agreements;
- Provide assistance to the Investment team with potential accounting and reporting requirements and any acquisitions and disposals as required.
Education and skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance;
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS is essential;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an accountant;
- Strong computer skills with systems and controls background is an advantage;
- Experience in Dutch CIT and VAT is desirable;
- Highly proficient English, spoken and written, knowledge of other European languages is a plus;
- Strong team player and passionate to provide assistance where needed;
- Excellent communication skills and social skills;
- Projected confidence, enthusiasm and energy;
- Valid working permit for the Netherlands.
For additional information regarding this position please contact Laurie Vaneker, email@example.com 06 24132878