CIBT – Country Controller – Den Haag
Salary: € 55.000 - € 65.000,-
As a Country Controller with CIBT, you will work in an international, fast-growing and dynamic company. You will act as a direct sparring partner for the Finance Manager and Managing Directors of the countries within your responsibility. This includes the continuous improvements of financial processes.
Furthermore, as a Country Controller, you are responsible for leading and managing the financial administrative and controlling tasks of the countries in your portfolio. In this role, you will have full accountability for the P&L and balance sheet, providing high quality financial information, monitoring and developing metrics which will be used to support the growth of the business. The Country Controller will ensure robust financial controls and processes are in place. In this role, you will continuously strive to improve the control environment in moving towards best practices.
In this role, you will be challenged to develop yourself, extend your knowledge and proactively participate in several projects. The ideal candidate has a bachelor degree, experience in finance, accounting or controlling and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better CIBT.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a business partner to the managing director and operational heads to identify areas for growth, enhancing performances;
- Driving the countries’ administrative accounting and control functions in cooperation with HQ, continually reviewing and improving the internal control structure;
- Timely and accurate monthly reporting, including the preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Responsible for the accounting, budgeting and forecasting, actively identifying revenue drivers of your countries;
- Treasury management including preparation of cash forecasts, corporate income VAT and tax filings and payments;
- Assist with creating, maintaining and developing a high performing team which has at its core a true sense of team work.
Education and skills
- Higher educational degree (bachelor/master) in Finance & Accounting, Business Economics and/or other related studies;
- 3+ years of experience in Finance & Accounting;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles;
- Consistently striving to drive forward improvements, both operationally and strategically;
- Hands-on, proactive and being able to take ownership;
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues from different countries and cultures;
- Working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and in writing. Mastering other European languages is an advantage (e.g. Dutch, German).
CIBT is the largest and most well-established travel visa and passport company in the world, with more than 50 years’ experience. CIBT operates in 22 countries across the world, serving clients including individual travelers, employees of the world’s largest corporations and customers of tour operators. CIBT’s constant high growth is achieved through sourcing new clients, adding new geographies and services and by new acquisitions.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Karen de Geus at 06-34 22 97 82 or at Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org.