Salary: Competitive Package
The Country Accountant’s role is a key role within a team of professional accountants. The country accountant is responsible for the day‐to‐day management of the financial and administrative functions of the countries under responsibility with as main focus the general ledger and the monthly/quarterly reporting preparation for consolidation. He/she ensures that financial transactions are performed and reported in accordance with policies and procedures as determined by the division’s management.
Main tasks and responsibilities
– Prepare accruals, prepayments, and provisions according to the divisions policies;
– Generate and perform general ledger pre/post closing journal entries;
– Completion of monthly balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations;
– Prepare and document periodical analysis of both B/S and P&L main accounts;
– Co‐ordination of tasks required for the countries under his/her responsibility, performed by administrative staff of the division (cash & bank transactions, sub‐ledgers in A/P, A/R, fixed assets etc);
– Initiate improvements in systems to enhance standardisation of F&A processes;
– Support management during the audit fieldwork;
– Ensure proper financials controls over financial reporting are in place in accordance with J‐SOX and the company’s financial and accounting policies.
Education and skills
– Higher educational degree (bachelor) in Finance & Accounting, Business Economics and/or other related studies;
– 5+ years of experience in Finance & Accounting, preferably within an international environment;
– Working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and in writing. Mastering other European languages is an advantage (e.g. French, Spanish, Italian);
– Excellent analytical and administration skills;
– Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative while having good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and be responsible;
– Ability to multi‐task and meet tight deadlines on a consistent basis;
– Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues from different countries and cultures;
– Experience with business/financial software packages (MS Excel, ERP systems, Cognos, Hyperion etc.).
– International environment where you can learn and develop;
– Professional A-brand organization;
– Independent, responsible and challenging position;
– Good terms of employment.
For more than half a century, Yamaha Motor has been bringing pleasure to millions of people by using ingenuity and enthusiasm to constantly surpass customer expectations, thereby enriching their lives. Founded in 1968, Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. (YME) is the regional headquarters of the Yamaha Motor Company in Europe.
Yamaha Motor Europe is responsible for coordinating the marketing and sales activities of Yamaha Motor products in the European marketplace, mainly: Yamaha motorcycles and scooters, marine outboard engines, Wave runner water vehicles, 4-wheel All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV’s), golf cars, snowmobiles and generators.
At the beginning of 2016 Yamaha Motor Europe introduced a new brand strategy (3 block) to offer products, services and experiences inspired by the customer’s motivation. One of the first results of this new brand strategy is a redesign of Yamaha’s visual identity at our European dealers.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at email@example.com.