Dept Agency– Financial Controller
For our client Dept Agency we are looking for an Financial Controller to strengthen the team. As an Financial Controller you’re responsible for the entire finance and accounting operations of various business teams, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
We’re looking for the dept-fit, an combination of the most talented experts combined with on outgoing, energetic personality.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Are responsible for correct and timely monthly and annual closing of the various companies in the Netherlands and internationally;
- Analyze various balance sheet positions such as, for example, prepaid items, provisions, participating interests and equity;
- Determine the correct and complete position of the work in progress;
- Analyze the correct valuation of work in progress in consultation with various project managers if necessary;
- Keep the balance sheet specifications in a standard template every month
- Help to prepare documentation for the annual audit
- Maintain contact with various national and international administration offices regarding the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of, for example, VAT returns and other local reporting obligations, such as annual accounts and tax returns;
- Proactively perform analysis and interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Consolidate various domestic and foreign companies;
- Investigate intercompany differences.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or economics;
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a comparable position;
- Perfectly know how to make journal entries and understand T- bars;
- Have experience in preparing annual reports, acquisition bookings and several taxes (CIT, VAT);
- Have in-depth knowledge of financial administration;
- Have experience with accounting software;
- Have strong analytical and communication skills and you are stress resistant;
- Are proactive, can work independently, but are at the same time an enthusiastic team player
- Rock Excel;
- Have excellent command of English and Dutch.
Dept is an international digital agency of more than a 1,000 experienced thinkers & makers and one the most of the fastest growing digital agencies of Europe. This young, dynamic company works with the best minds every day for a wide range of customers, such as KLM, NS, ABN AMRO, bol.com, Oxxio and Philips. Thieve been at the forefront of digital for decades. With 34 entities in ten countries they expand quickly.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Jordi Smit at 06-28327723 or jordi.smit@greenbergnielsen.