As Finance Director within this ecommerce organisation, you will work in a highly demanding and fast changing environment. You are responsible for all financial activities and you are expected to be the financial compass in their fast changing and fast growing environment. You support several stakeholders but specifically the business in making key strategic decisions through thorough analysis and reporting, appraisal of operating results. This allows you in making recommendations to improve both business performance and outlook. In this role you will be a member of the Management Team and will report directly to the CEO. You will also lead the finance team which consists of both finance and business control functions. Very recently, the company has been taken over, which makes this role more international. This requires some travelling to the UK and there is dotted report line to the Finance department of this organisation. The Finance Director will manage 5 direct reports. You will be primarily responsible for guide and align the international finance, business and accounting activities. As result you will be improving management information, cash management and generally improve internal structures.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the finance department, which currently consists of four employees;
- Supervise the month-end closing process and report on the results to the Management Team and up to the new Group’s leadership team and central finance function;
- Responsibility for the accuracy and timelines of management accounting and reporting, and alignment with financial policies and procedures of the other company;
- Present financial reports to stakeholders and executives based on a detailed knowledge and understanding of the business to provide analysis of key business issues and opportunities. CLV, Coca or RoaS analyses are no secret to you;
- Supervise the periodic forecasting processes, identifying risks and challenges, challenging the business and agreeing actions;
- Provide comprehensive and insightful linkage between business trends and reported performance;
- Create and deliver consistent and detailed annual budgets and plans in line with business strategy. Ensure constant and timely budget and forecasting processes are in place with clear accountabilities and timelines;
- Provide thorough analysis and insights per department and propose improvement areas by initiation and preparation of specific action plans that enhance growth and profitability of the company;
- Analyse and challenge investment decisions; be a sparring partner for the business;
- Maintain overall responsibility for Financial Statements and compliance with local statutory and tax requirements, including the management of local audits;
- Coordinate and work on any legal and tax related matter arising (and with the ability to utilise the Group’s tax function where required).
Education and skills
- Academic degree in Accounting, Finance, MBA or other professional finance qualification
- 10+ years of experience in a finance role, preferably with some B2C e-commerce, retail, online or FMCG market experience;
- Excel & financial modelling skills are must-haves;
- Analytical mind which continually questions and challenges;
- proven affinity with an e-commerce environment;
- Hands-on attitude, takes initiative, spots opportunities where others see issues;
- Eager to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Thinks strategically but is not afraid to work on an operational level;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in Dutch and English is required;
- Experience with IFRS is a plus.