FleuraMetz – Financial Controller – Aalsmeer
Salary: € 59.000 - € 78.500,-
As the financial controller at FleuraMetz, you’ll be working from the HQ in Aalsmeer, working together closely with the international accounting team, Group Controller and other controllers to ensure a future-proof finance and reporting structure. They are active 24/7 in 16 countries world-wide, and are experiencing rapid growth internationally. This dynamic wholesale company reaches their clients in innovative ways and is constantly aiming to improve their service.
Your span of control as a financial controller will be extensive, as you will report to and act as a sparring partner for the Group Controller and the CFO. The core tasks of this role are managing the accounting team and the controllers in the periodic closures. In addition, as a financial controller you will play a major role in the implementation of the new consolidation software for the advanced international and multicurrency monthly group consolidation.
Within FleuraMetz, you will be challenged to develop yourself, and you will play a pivotal part in the further international growth of the company. This company is characterized by an open and informal culture, where the employees are stimulated to develop themselves constantly. For this role, the ideal candidate has an accounting or finance degree with at least 5 years of experience in controlling and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better FleuraMetz!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a sparring partner for the CFO and the Management Team;
- Be responsible for the implementation of a new consolidation software (Lucanet);
- Manage, coach and assist the accounting and controlling team;
- Be responsible for the periodic closings and reports;
- Be the primary contact for the external auditor;
- Be the first point of contact for different ad hoc questions of internal and external stakeholders;
- Pro-actively support and advise in developing and further professionalizing the accounting and controlling department, e.g. data-analytics and robotics;
- Support the CFO in various projects like acquisitions and establishment of joint ventures.
Education and personal skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Control;
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience within accounting, auditing or financial control;
- Experience in performing the consolidation (of at least 5 entities);
- Self-driven interest in the processes behind the numbers;
- Fluency in English is required (written and spoken), fluency in Dutch is a plus;
- Willingness to travel abroad and visit the international business units;
- Strong communication skills and personality;
- The eagerness to make a difference in a dynamic, international company with an entrepreneurial mindset.
With her sales of over €400 million, FleuraMetz is the market leader in the retail florist segment, and currently experiences rapid international growth. As a powerful supplier in flowers, potplants and sundries to florists throughout the world, they aim to strengthen the market position of florists by creating scale advantages for sourcing and logistics. Together with over 1500 colleagues, FleuraMetz is continuing to professionalize their operation, and constantly striving for a flourishing future.
For additional information regarding this role, please contact Karen de Geus at 06 – 34 22 97 82 or Karen.email@example.com