Grandvision – Group Financial Controller
As Group Financial Controller in this international, dynamic environment, you will work in the head office of an ambitious and energetic retail company. They are active in 44 countries world-wide, with over 7000 stores. The Group Financial Controller will report to, and act as a sparring partner for the Group Reporting Manager and will be a part of a team of 7 (senior) employees. You will also be closely involved with the Business Control team, the international finance teams and the Reporting Director.
Within the finance department, you are expected to add value and pro-actively get involved with a great variety of projects. As Group Financial Controller you will primarily be responsible for the analysis of the financial results of the various countries where Grandvision is active. You will be involved with the further implementation of IFRS-16, and the reporting to the main shareholders. Furthermore, you will be asked to be involved in Tax & Treasury accounting matters . You will make sure that you and your team are finishing the monthly closing process in a timely manner.
In this company, you will be challenged to prioritize, and develop yourself to grow in the company. The ideal candidate has a background in a Big4 accountancy firm and has a natural ability to embrace change and development. Of course you bring the right drive, energy and ambition to help build a successful organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Perform analysis and benchmarking of the (monthly) financial results of the countries;
- Prepare monthly internal reporting and external reporting to shareholders;
- Support maintenance of the Group Accounting Manual and accounting matters;
- Perform tasks related to treasury accounting and reporting, including hedge accounting etc.;
- Assist with tax accounting and IFRS related tasks, including revenue recognition, leases etc;
- Perform analysis on the new implemented IFRS 16 standards and reporting;
- Act as a sparring partner for the finance department.
Education and Personal Attributes
- A Masters’ degree in Accounting or (Business) Economics;
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience, preferably with a background in a Big4 accountancy firm and/or an international environment;
- Strong knowledge of IFRS;
- Strong team player and good communication skills;
- Positive energy and confident to prioritize;
- Pro-active attitude and able to act as a business partner;
- Fluency in English is required, written and spoken.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Marc van Kooten at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-48271335