Irdeto – Manager Controlling EMEA
Salary: Excellent Package
As Manager Controlling EMEA at Irdeto you will work within a high-tech and fast changing environment. You will report directly to the CFO and you will be an important sparring partner for him. As part of the Finance & Control leadership team, the Manager Controlling EMEA has an overall responsibility within the team to support the operational and strategic decision making process through business partnerships and providing financial/business insights. The Manager Controlling is in direct contact with its international counterparts. Besides this, it is expected to be actively involved in projects outside of your direct area of responsibility.
You will play a key role in leading the operations and development of the accounting & control function in Irdeto’s EMEA region. Throughout this position you will get the unique opportunity to join a progressive global technology company, part of Naspers – one of the largest technology investors in the world. You will manage a team of approximately 8 people (mostly based in Hoofddorp, NL) as well as the external accounting service providers (located in France, UK, Austria, Russia, South Africa, Dubai and The Netherlands). The ideal candidate is an engaging and motivational financial leader, with exceptional communication skills and a strong focus on business support. Someone who has the ability to provide hands on support to the team when needed; but can also set longer terms goals and a vision.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Motivate, inspire and develop the finance team in the EMEA region; 2FTE in South Africa and Russia but the majority of the team (6fte) is based in The Netherlands;
- Be an important interface for business in EMEA into the F&C team for matters related to accounting, control and compliance;
- Plan, lead and continuously improve month end closing and audit activities for the region;
- Responsible for the timely reporting and filing of statutory accounts with the relevant bodies / chambers of commerce in the countries;
- Proactively monitor, assess, report and ensure effective controls over financial, control and business risks;
- With the tax director, drive the tax compliance agenda into the teams and implement the transfer pricing framework for the group in EMEA;
- Ensure revenue recognition in line with prevailing accounting standards and company policy;
- Pro-actively drive process improvements and projects as identified;
- Drives the finance agenda and roadmap for and into the EMEA region;
- Maintain the relationship with e.g. external accounting and audit firms and works with identified tax advisors for the entities in EMEA;
Education and Personal skills:
- Motivational and inspirational leader, with a proven ability to manage, engage and develop teams;
- 10+ years of related work experience, in an international environment;
- Education (financial / business) and working experience at academic or + level (Chartered Accountant, CPA, CMA, MBA or equivalent);
- Outstanding (English) communication skills;
- Strong IFRS knowledge, experience of revenue recognition under IFRS 15 and hedge accounting is a plus;
- Business minded, gets the job done in a time-constrained environment;
- Good understanding of key business drivers in the IT Services industry is preferred;
- Experience in auditing / one of the big four is a plus;
- As part of a global organization with a global team, working hours require flexibility and travel will be required based on business needs.
It’s an exciting place to be! They are on a mission. A mission to secure the world’s digital platforms. Why? Because a secure platform allows the clients to produce and deliver great content. In return, you can enjoy the latest blockbuster movies and your favorite live events, such as premier league sports, at all times. And it doesn’t stop at the media industry. Irdeto’s industry proven digital security is securing connected cars, applications and devices and mobile payments, just to name a few.The solutions and services enable the customers to protect their brand and revenues, create new offerings and fight cybercrime. They think holistically with a true end-to-end solution – it’s not enough to excel in one area of security. With nearly 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s software security technology and cyber services protect over 5 billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best-known brands.
For more information, you can call Rick Westland on 06 – 24875457.