Liberty Global – Financial Business Partner
Salary: Dependent on work experience
As a (Senior) Financial Business Partner at Liberty Global, you will work in an international, innovative and dynamic organization. The company is a household name in the Telecom and Media industry, where no day is ever the same as the last. The (Senior) Financial Business Partner will directly report to the Senior Manager Central Finance and will work closely with various (international) internal stakeholders, including Business Control teams, Operations, Finance & Accounting, as finance partners to the business. You will align your findings with other LG Central – Central Finance functions (Procurement, PF&F, FP&A) as well as the LG Group External Reporting and Consolidation teams. You will get a lot of freedom to recognize possibilities for improvement and your responsibilities have a wide scope. Liberty Global offers you the opportunity to work as part of an experienced and professional team, responsible for the interpretation of finance in business related questions. You will be working in a consultative role to resolve pressing issues in relation to budget process, business cases, sourcing events and other projects on a timely basis.
You will be challenged to further develop yourself in the field of management, financial analyses, and business partnering. The ideal candidate has at least a degree in a relevant field (Finance, Economics or Accounting), 5-8+ years working experience and the right ambition to make a difference in this complex, international environment.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Be a financial business partner in the business case review to translate the financial impact throughout the organization;
- Establish effective working relationships with Central Operations, Procurement and Finance teams including Technical Accounting to timely identify potential issues which have financial reporting implications;
- Provide accounting expertise by working in a consultative role to resolve finance & account-ing issues in relation to budget process, business cases, sourcing events and other projects on a timely basis;
- Attend/present at “Financial Accounting Review” (FAR) meeting following submissions meet-ing;
- Assist with US GAAP review of high risk areas and identify potential accounting issues and fol-lowing up on resolution of such issues;
- Initiate the standardization of processes and procedures;
- Initiates and implements improvements where required Research technical accounting issues and communicate (orally via discussions and written via position papers) the resolution from such research;
- Implement an effective internal control framework and ensure compliance and makes rec-ommendations to improve internal controls and develops procedures in support of changing business activities;
- Deal with ad hoc requests.
Education and skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in accounting field in a dynamic multinational fi-nance environment;
- Prior audit experience at a top or mid-tier internationally recognized (public accounting) firm;
- Proven knowledge of finance standards;
- Fluency in English (both oral & written);
- Analytically strong and pragmatic;
- Ability to apply sound business practices and work with business leaders;
- Being able to build bridges and create support for improvements;
- Strong organizational and operational skills, able to plan effectively, anticipate on issues and solving problems.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Marc van Kooten at 06 4827 13 35 / 020 333 7888 or firstname.lastname@example.org