Linklaters – Financial Controller
Salary: € 70.000 - € 75.000,- + bonus
As Financial Controller at Linklaters you will be working in an international, fast-paced and innovative company. You will report directly to the Managing Partner, which means you will
need to take ownership of a variety of interesting projects and tasks. This includes the continuous improvement of the financial processes. As Financial Controller, you will be
responsible for leading the Amsterdam based finance team (3FTE), making sure the team and the company will meet all the requirements concerning legislation and giving advice to
the management team on all finance related issues. Besides this, you will be promoting financial awareness to all budget holders within Linklaters.
Your stakeholders will be both internal and external, and will include the Partners, the Marketing & Operations Manager, Counterparts in International offices, and the external
advisors and banks.
Within Linklaters you will be challenged to develop yourself. The ideal candidate has an advanced degree in Finance and/or Accounting and experience in Financial Accounting or
Controlling. You have the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better Linklaters.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Leading the Amsterdam based finance team (3FTE, including yourself), overseeing the smooth and efficient running of the local Finance team and of the various accounting processes;
- Ensure the general ledgers are accurately maintained and that the monthly closings are performed within the deadline. You will be in charge of the General Accounting covering the usual regular and month-end transactions and will be supported by the Linklaters Shared Service Centre;
- Work closely with the Amsterdam Management Team and Partners in the preparation of annual budgets and regular (re-)forecasts;
- Complies with the various regulatory requirements (such as the VAT and BFT returns)
- Co-ordinate internal and external audit reviews;
- Report on the key financial indicators of the office and of the practices and provide financial advice to the local Management Team and Partners;
- Advise on cost efficiencies and process improvements.
Education and skills
- MSc in Economics, Finance and/or Accounting;
- Five years related work experience in Financial Control or Accounting;
- Working knowledge of applicable accounting principles and tax and VAT regulations;
- Experience working in an international environment;
- Natural people management skills, you enjoy working with others and are well organized;
- Able to prioritize and manage workload with respect for deadlines;
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel. SAP knowledge is an asset;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English.
Linklaters has been active on the Dutch market since 2004. Their office in Amsterdam currently consists of 60 lawyers, including 13 partners and counsel.
Whether you are based in the Netherlands or doing business there, their strong combination of depth of technical knowledge, market experience and commercial judgement will provide you with the support you need to take your confidence to the next level. From Amsterdam, they deliver outstanding service to their clients anywhere in the world.
Their team is known for leading groundbreaking, complex legal matters in highly regulated sectors through their combination of local knowledge, multi-jurisdictional capabilities and integrated approach across a wide variety of disciplines.
Recent transactions include advising:
– Cerberus on its disposal of their shares in Reydel Automotive Group
– Grid operator Alliander N.V. on its divestment of subsidiary Allego to Meridiam
– Unilever on the acquisition of all the shares in De Vegetarische Slager
– I Squared on the acquisition of TIP Trailer Services from HNA Group
– Delhaize Group S.A. on the €28bn legal merger between Belgian-headquartered Delhaize Group and Dutch-headquartered Ahold, creating one of the largest food retailers in the world
– Unilever on all aspects of the hostile take-over bid of $143bn by Kraft Heinz on Unilever
For additional information regarding this role please contact Marc van Kooten at 06 48271335 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.