MSD – Financial Analyst
Salary: € 45.000 - € 55.000,-
As Financial Analyst within MSD you will work in an international and fast changing environment. The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Associate Director costing. Within MSD you will work closely with other departments such as Reporting & Accounting policies, Business control, Treasury, Tax, Corporate Accounting, Global Shared Service Center as well as Audit and the different geographical regions. You will be responsible for end to end activities from actual occurrence of a financial result till consolidation level in HQ, being part of the new COSI matrix organization. Main tasks will be maintaining, reviewing, reporting and analysing of sales, inventory, intercompany profit, production and product cost data in supporting the monthly accounting close and management cycles for 1 or multiple branches. With MSD, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to make a (international) career. The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 1-3 years’ experience in an analytical role. You do have the right drive and ambition to make a career within MSD.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Control, analyze and report production results and source to settle variances on a monthly basis to business partners by providing high level commentary and provided estimates for recurring events to stakeholders
- Responsible for reporting accurate data to Global Repository database in line with Merck’s due date
- Review and ensure accurate data is reported per branch in monthly product cost, sales and inventory consolidation close
- Analyze consolidated costs and intercompany profit differences.
- Identify and work on initiatives that improve cost control and/or increase efficiency.
- Provide accurate and timely financial cost, sales and inventory data to customers as requested.
- Participate in special and ad hoc projects to support management analysis and provide ad-hoc quality support to business partners.
- Ensuring actual financial data is correctly reported per P&L and Balance
- Analyzing sales data in above market and ensure data is accurate reported according to guidelines
- Participate in objective setting, mid-year review, end-year review and feedback discussions with manager to foster open honest communication.
Education and skills
- Education on financial Bachelor or Bachelor of Art/Science degree or equivalent with at least 1-3 years’ experience in an analytical role
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience in finance
- Experience with analysis of production within a financial system like SAP or other is preferred
- Previous practical experience of preparing accounts in accordance with US GAAP SAP knowledge is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Six Sigma is preferred
- Experience within a manufacturing company is preferred
The vision of MSD is to make a difference in the lives of people globally through their innovative medicines, vaccines, and animal health products. They are committed to being the premier, research-intensive biopharmaceutical company and are dedicated to providing leading innovations and solutions for today and the future.
Interested? Please don’t hesitate to contact Anne Lenters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06- 14 58 76 33.