MSD – Financial Sales Analyst
Salary: € 55.000 - € 60.000,-
As Financial Sales Analyst within MSD you will work in an international and fast changing environment. The Financial Sales Analyst will report directly to the MSD International Services Controller and will cooperate closely with other members of the Entity Controllers Group, BSC, COSI, Tax, Treasury and SCM teams. Within MSD, there are end to end activities from an actual occurrence of a financial result till consolidation level in HQ. Main tasks will be financial analysis, accounting practices and reports for statutory reporting of MSD International services. With MSD, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to make a (international) career. The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in an accounting and/or analysis role. You do have the right drive and ambition to make a career within MSD.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- First point of contact for the international controller regarding Sales, COGS and margin development;
- Maintain a strong relationship with the business in order to identify difference in revenues in costs and instruct the SSC to make adjustments;
- Responsible for the month end process in which you are not only work closely together with the SSC and business but also are the driver in constant improvement of the closing process.
- Able to improve and align current activities of sales, inventory cost with financial reporting based on the available financial data;
- Actively participate in business deals to advice en review contract and support in any due diligence of new customers;
- Draw up financial analyses and financial reports according to financial policies & procedures and General Accepted Accounting Principles (i.e. Sales recognition) in order to provide management with the actual and correct results and ensure timely reporting of financial positions;
- Review and develop and implement Finance NL Policies and Procedures to ensure effective financial management;
- Support implementation of continuous improvement initiatives in order to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of processes within own work-area and department level;
- Set up and monitor financial analysis, accounting practices and reports for statutory reporting of MSDIS;
- Supports internal and external audits;
Education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting
- 5 -8 years of relevant experience in Finance
- Project management skills
- Knowledge and experience with SAP, HFM and other financial systems would be a pre
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dutch is not necessary but would be a pre
- Team player
- Willingness to travel within the country
MSD is working to help the world be well. Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them. MSD has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites. MSD is also known as Merck & Co., Inc. in the US and Canada.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Anne Lenters at 06 – 14587633.