Multichoice BV – Group Controller
Salary: Senior competitive package
As Group Controller for Multichoice BV, you will work within a high-tech and fast changing environment. Multichoice has recently unbundled from Naspers and has now established the Multichoice group. The Multichoice Group includes MultiChoice South Africa, MultiChoice Africa, Showmax and Irdeto.
You will be working from the Irdeto office and directly reporting to Irdeto’s Group Financial Controller with dotted line towards the CFO. From this office you will be managing all the Multichoice BV entities.
The exciting and most challenging part about this unique opportunity is that you are working with newly established entities. As such, you will need to ensure proper financial processes are put in place as well as provide input and actively manage the finance structures, tax streams, reporting, cash management etc.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting, entrepreneurial and motivational financial leader who has affinity with managing multiple entities. Someone with exceptional communication skills and cultural sensitivity, as well as a strong focus on business support. Moreover, the ideal candidate has a minimum of 7-10 years of working experience in finance and the right drive and ambition to build a better Multichoice.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Managing and responsible for output of one team member as direct report;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Irdeto CFO, Irdeto Global Head of Tax, Multichoice and Financial Shared Services (FSS) team based in South Africa;
- Directly responsible for the management of all Dutch entities (currently five) within the holding structure of Multichoice (including, but not limited to accounting, reporting, treasury and corporate compliance deliverables);
- Continuously improving the Dutch corporate governance policies and procedures for all Dutch entities;
- Reporting to the Global Financial Controller (based in Ottawa) on performance of team, the FSS SA and operations of managed Dutch holding entities;
- Monitoring and managing output of FSS SA on the outsourced daily operational accounting for the Dutch holding entities;
- Maintain existing relationships and develop new relationships with directors, Multichoice representatives, external auditors, external tax advisors, banks and the Irdeto Finance teams;
- Work with the FSS SA and Multichoice representatives to prepare, review and execute funding and distribution of strategic cash flow memo’s;
- Monitor Dutch entity monthly, quarterly closing processes owned by FSS SA, which includes (but not limited to) reviewing legal transaction documents, corporate resolutions, financial reporting and PPA-related reporting, as well as completing those processes with Dutch specific items such as taxes;
- Monitor and guide the conversion into Dutch GAAP financials, together with direct report;
- Monitor and safeguard tax and corporate deadline work streams of the 5 Dutch entities together with Head of Global Tax and the Tax Accountant;
- Gathering background information for board meetings and preparation of board packages;
- Chair board meetings when delegated by Chairman or Board of Directors of the 5 Dutch entities;
- Pro-actively drive process improvements and constantly think about ways to improve the finance and reporting structure of the Multichoice BV entities.
Education and skills
- Degree in Economics, Accounting or Control;
- At least 7-10 years working experience in Audit, Accounting, Trust or in a similar role in an international working environment;
- Knowledge and understanding of maintaining holding and financing structures;
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP is a strong must and consolidated accounting policies;
- Effective and professional communicator;
- Ability to work independently;
- Self-starter (able to initiate and monitor tasks outsourced to FSS SA);
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English and Dutch (both written and spoken);
- Computer literate: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at 0624875457 or firstname.lastname@example.org.