Nedcoffee – Controller – Amsterdam
As controller at Nedcoffee you will be working in an international, developing and dynamic coffee trader. Based next to Amsterdam Central Station this company is home to the real coffee enthusiast. As a controller you will be reporting to the senior financial controller and together you will be responsible to build up and transform the full finance and reporting department into a more analysis driven environment. The combination of a high level of transactions and a very volatile market makes working at this commodity company quite a challenge.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor degree, experience in finance, accounting or controlling and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better Nedcoffee.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist with controlling and analysing the finance, trading and logistics flows
- Prepare and analyse periodical results to support operational and strategic decision-making
- Provide plans to improve current business flows & controls
- Assist with the implementation of a new system
- Support Sr. financial controller with the preparation and analysis of the company’s results and processes
- Together with the other members of the finance team take care of the day-to-day bookkeeping
- Pro-actively support diverse processes and further professionalize the company
Education and personal skills
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- A minimum of 2-5 years of working experience within finance
- Proven finance skills and a well-developed business sense
- Experience in a fast-growing international company is a big plus
- Specific knowledge of accounting and technical finance areas such as tax is a plus
- Strong communication skills and eagerness
- Self-starter, team player, analyst, service oriented
- Fluency in English, Dutch is preferred
Nedcoffee is a major coffee trader with a good mix of experienced and young staff members. Our Headquarters are located in the historical centre of Amsterdam, from which we trade and control all the green coffee from our sourcing companies in Africa, Asia, and South America. This unique structure allows our companies in origin to fully focus on sourcing, processing and shipping the coffee for Nedcoffee. Worldwide, more than 350 people are employed by Nedcoffee and its sourcing companies.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at 06 – 24 87 54 57 or email@example.com