OCI – Reporting Specialist – Amsterdam
Salary: Highly competitive senior package
As As Reporting Specialist at OCI you will be working in a highly-demanding, international production company that is experiencing explosive growth. As Reporting Specialist you will be reporting to the Finance Director and be responsible for all matters concerning reporting. The combination of having a small finance team and global revenue hitting almost 3 Billion lead to a high level transactions, visibility and complexity. Moreover last year the company has grown its revenue and income by 35%. Due to the high level of M&A within OCI you will be constantly cooperating in the transactions.
The ideal candidate holds a master degree in finance, accounting or (business) economics, CPA or Master Degree preferred, minimum of 5-7 years of working experience and the right personality to thrive in a dynamic organization as OCI.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Major sparringpartner to FP&A, Group Audit, External Accountants and Investor Relations
- Add major contribution to M&A projects by writing position papers
- Key member of the Finance team working to streamline and shorten the close and reporting cycle
- Identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of consolidation and external financial reporting and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Get insights in the consolidation of the worldwide financial statements and other operating data for actual, budget, and forecast purposes.
- Analyse monthly business unit financial statements and other related correspondence included in consolidated financial data.
- Work closely with Components, Treasury, Tax, Financial Reporting and Planning functions to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the general ledger and consolidation system.
- Coordinate and prepare the financial and statistical data utilized in the: Annual Report, quarterly Board of Directors package, and monthly financial reporting package.
- Responsible for working effectively across the company’s functional organizations. Promote effective lateral communication and coordination across groups, both internal and external to the Finance function, to improve efficiency and achieve desired results.
- Assist in the annual audit of the consolidated financial information with the external auditors.
- Research and resolve various accounting issues and questions that arise at the corporate and group levels.
- Constantly think of ways to improve OCI’s finance & reporting department and bring process improvement into practice
Education and skills
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of related experience at an Audit firm or headquarter/corporate office working environment in international publicly listed companies, specifically with multi-tiered consolidations
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or Master Degree preferred
- Expert current knowledge of IFRS accounting and auditing standards, and Dutch regulatory requirements
- Any experience with tax accounting would be nice;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, excellent command of the English language
- Proven adaptive capability and demonstrated familiarity with organizational change
- Open, positive and ability to maintain relationships
OCI N.V. (OCI) headquartered in The Netherlands, is a leading international producer of natural gas-based fertilizers and industrial chemicals, including nitrogen fertilizers, methanol and other products used by agricultural and industrial customers with production facilities in The Netherlands, The United States, Egypt and Algeria an 3,0000 employees. In 2017 OCI’s revenues stand at $2.2 billion, with adjusted EBITDA of $736 million and net debt of $4.3 billion. The company is publicly traded on the NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam, with 54% of the shares owned by the Sawiris family. OCI is comprised of five fully owned and other part-owned subsidiaries, split into two divisions of Fertilizer and Industrial Chemicals. In the Fertilizer division, OCI Nitrogen is Europe’s second largest integrated nitrates fertilizer producer and the world’s largest melamine producer, manufacturing over 2 million metric tons of sellable fertilizer products per annum. Egyptian Fertilizers Company (EFC) is the largest private sector granular urea producer in Egypt, able to produce some 1.55 million metric tons per year. In Algeria, Sorfert Algérie, is a 51% OCI-owned joint venture with Sonatrach, is the largest local integrated nitrogen fertilizer producer.
In the Industrial Chemicals Division, BioMCN, located at the Chemical Park Delfzijl, The Netherlands and fully acquired in 2015, is one of Europe’s largest methanol producers owning two methanol plants. Furthermore, Natgasoline LLC, a greenfield world-scale methanol production complex, is ramping up for production in Beaumont, Texas, and is anticipated to be one of the world’s most significant methanol production facilities. In 2018 the company showed a significant growth in revenues and profitability following the new facilities becoming operational. The organization is expected to continue this strong growth in 2019 and is continuously looking for new growth opportunities. Actual results of the third quarter 2018 can be found at: http://www.oci.nl/investor-relations/news/2018/11/16/oci-q3-2018-results/
OCI has a one-tier Board of Directors, made up of seven Non-Executive Directors and two Executive Directors, who have collective responsibility for the management, general affairs and strategy of the company. Whilst the Board of Directors create the strategic mandate, the Executive Directors specifically support the realization of these goals through regular reporting from each subsidiary’s management team. At the same time, the operating entities independently manage their day-to-day operations under the guidance of executive management.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at 06-24875457 or firstname.lastname@example.org.