OLX – Finance Controlling Manager
Salary: € 65.000 - € 75.000,-
As a Finance Controlling Manager within OLX you will work within a dynamic and innovative environment. In this fast growing, global online e-commerce company, you will get the chance to develop yourself within the company. You will report directly to the Global Finance Director. The main responsibilities of the role will be to drive the accurate and timely fulfilment of various accounting functions for OLX Global BV and its various subsidiaries, as well as developing and maintaining robust accounting controls and processes. This is a hands-on role with management responsibility for a globally dispersed team. The accounting flows are operated in multiple legal entities with involvement of a number of stakeholders in different locations. As the Finance Controlling Manager, you will have outstanding technical and operational accounting skills and will have the responsibility of developing all aspects of accounting and financial reporting internally and externally in our Corporate OLX activities. The ideal candidate has a university degree with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in accounting or controlling and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better OLX.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drive the accounting and reporting function of multiple legal entities within the Dutch structure (mainly Dutch BV’s), tasks consists of: monthly closing in Netsuite and reporting to Cognos, recording of payments, bank reconciliation, preparation of journals, accruals and reconciliations of key areas, intercompany transactions and interest calculations;
- Work directly with Accounts Payable and subsidiary finance teams to improve and ensure accurate and timely processing of AP, AR and intercompany transactions;
- Prepare and revise annual statutory financial statements and filing reports;
- Drive assurance processes with the external and internal auditors;
- Responsible for all VAT accounting and compliance of Dutch BVs and ensure that all periodic filings of VAT returns and Intrastat are made accurately and on a timely basis;
- Ensure that general accounting processes are in adherence to company policies, Dutch GAAP and IFRS;
- Assist the CFO Corporate in developing and implementing robust internal accounting controls, including detailed standard operating procedures for all accounting activities.
Education and Personal Skills
- 6+ years’ experience with the administration of multiple entities in a multi-national group;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; Professional accounting designation highly preferred;
- Experience in global, multi-subsidiary, multi-currency environments;
- First management experience is required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize within a dynamic fast paced working environment and effectively work to deadline;
- Commitment to culture of collaboration, performance, transparency and integrity.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Anne Lenters at 06 – 14587633.