Real Estate – Assistant Controller
Salary: € 50.000 - € 55.000,-
As Assistant Controller at this multinational real estate company you will work in a listed, highly dynamic and fast changing environment. The Assistant Controller is an important business sparring partner to the (regional) Finance Director. Within this international company the Assistant Controller will be responsible for several key elements; Executive Management Support, Reporting and coordinating with the SSC in Bucharest. You will communicate directly with the business, and will support them from a finance perspective. You are able to take clear decisions, and see opportunities to improve yourself and the operations. You will be challenged to take ownership and be a leader by example.
This is a very broad role, asking for a professional who can manage various tasks. The challenge in this role will be to keep an eye on the big picture. You will need to be focused on solutions and bring a clear can-do attitude to the table. The role, as the company, is still growing and it is evolving to be an important hub for most of the communication within the finance department. You will need to be able to communicate with all layers of the business, from Operations to Management. The ideal candidate has a degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics and at least 3 years relevant working experience within Finance. You bring the right drive and ambitions to make a career within this company.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Executive Management Support – 30%
- Reporting – 10%
- First contact for the finance team;
- Work with local management, Corporate Finance and others to prepare annual administrative and project budgets.
- Accounts Payable – 10%
- Be first point of contact for FSC for accounts payable queries;
- Review and approve invoices where appropriate.
- Billing – 10%
- Be first point of contact for FSC for billing queries;
- Have a basic understanding of VAT and how it affects business operations (invoicing, payments, etc.).
- Revenue Recognitions – 10%
- Understand global revenue recognition requirements;
- Managing revenue recognition reporting and global requirements for division.
- Debt Management – 10%
- Consult with FSC and the Finance department of clients, as needed;
- Managing day to day processing of accounts and minimizing bad debt provisions ensuring internal deadlines are met.
- Finance System Super User – 10%
- Train and develop the teams to fully utilize all functions available
- Participating in testing new system changes as and when required
- Procurement – 5%
- Understand local and global policies on vendor engagement / management
- Be key point of contact for location / country on vendor engagement / management
- Manage vendor relationships – supervise local purchasing and supplies inventory
- Compliance – 5%
- Work with the business to facilitate conflict checks.
Education and personal skills
- Bachelors degree in a financial field;
- 3+ years of relevant working experience within Finance;
- Experience with FSC’s is preferred;
- Result driven and output focused;
- Strong organizational and operational skills, able to plan effectively, anticipate on issues and solving problems;
- Strong communication skills;
- A commercial mindset is crucial;
- Fluent in English, Dutch is preferable.
For more information, please contact Marc van Kooten at +31 6 482 713 35, or firstname.lastname@example.org