Segway Europe – Financial Controller
Salary: € 50.000 - € 60.000,-
As financial controller at Segway you will be working in an international, developing and dynamic company. You are responsible for maintenance of the general accounting system to provide records of the assets, liabilities and financial transactions and cost accounting system of the company. In this position you also provide day to day analysis, reporting, controlling, coordination and general support related to the management. In addition, this position will execute and support projects with his/her teammates to deliver against initiatives in Segway’s strategic and annual plans. The ideal candidate has a bachelor degree, experience in finance, accounting or controlling and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better Segway.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for month end activities and month end journal entries, timely reconciliation of all GL accounts
- Provide subsequent analysis of a variety of data to produce business information used to support decisions of both a tactical and strategic nature.
- Provide perspective on data and information reported, including verification of the accuracy of the data used for business decision making.
- Provide research, selection, and compilation of financial data from multiple sources, such as sales, production, accounting, public sources or vendors
- Liaise with Director Finance and Operations.
- Support the external audit of the company’s financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to auditor questions and requests
- Prepare, develop and analyze the monthly, quarterly and annual closing process and detailed supporting financial information.
- Assists with standard cost maintenance and analysis for accuracy.
- Responsible for forecasting, reporting and compliance.
- Advises solicited and unsolicited the management about improvements.
- Support Senior Management for ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Complete all responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
Education and skills
- Bachelor/MSc in economics / finance and accounting.
- Five years related work experience in financial control or accounting.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to interpret quantitative and statistical data.
- Strong research and analysis background/skills.
- Experience in Business Warehouse, Exact Online is a big plus.
- Able to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Anne Lenters at 06 – 14587633.