ServiceNow – Manager Revenue
Salary: € 75.000 - € 85.000,- + bonus
As a Manager Revenue with ServiceNow, you will work in an international, innovative and dynamic organization. The company is growing fast, and is rapidly becoming a disruptive force in the field of B2B IT. The Manager Revenue will directly report to the Senior Manager Revenue and work closely with various (international) internal stakeholders, like sales, operations, legal and finance, as well as external stakeholders, such as external auditors. ServiceNow offers you the opportunity to work as part of an experienced and professional team, responsible for the accounting and revenue recognition process for EMEA/APAC/LATAM regions. You will be responsible for the further implementation of new regulations, and the implications for the team and the systems.
You will be challenged to further develop yourself in the field of management, financial analyses and project management. The ideal candidate has at least a Bachelor or Master degree (Finance, Economics or Accounting), 8+ years working experience and the right ambition to make a difference in this complex, international environment.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the revenue team in the review of contracts and sales orders to assess proper revenue recognition treatment prior to deals being finalized.
- Involved with the adoption of ASC606.
- Review analyses for multiple element arrangements.
- Manage the monthly close process related to revenue including the timely completion of revenue close items, analytical review of recognized revenues and revenue inputs for the monthly close package for review by senior executives.
- Perform audits of orders for proper revenue recognition, data entry and billing accuracy.
- Exercise judgment within defined policies and authoritative literature to determine appropriate action related to revenue-related transactions and write related technical memos.
- Monitor relevant US GAAP and SEC developments to ensure revenue recognition policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Serve as an internal technical accounting expert for Sales during the contract negotiation process by analyzing the impact of red flag contract terms, communicating the revenue impact of such terms, and offering alternative structures, if available.
- Help to develop trainings on revenue recognition rules, policies and practices to present to Sales and other departments within the organization.
- Participate in quarterly revenue forecasting procedures.
- Manage all revenue recognition matters with the external audit firm and internal audit for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Work closely with SAP development team to improve system processes and reporting outputs.
- Monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures. Involvement in review and advise on contracts and sales orders to arrive at and assess proper revenue recognition treatment prior to and once deals are finalized.
Education and skills
- Bachelor (HBO) or Master degree for example in Finance, Economics or Accounting;
- 8+ years working experience, background in a Big4 firm is a plus;
- Proficient understanding of software revenue recognition;
- Experience in the application of SAB 104, SOP 97-2, EITF 08-1 or IFRS;
- Ability to effectively work with a team and to expedite completion of critical projects with other functional groups including FP&A, Sales, Marketing and Information Systems
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with all levels of management
- Demonstrates ability to drive the month-end accounting close process
- Analytical, pro-active, accurate and able to work under tight deadlines;
- Intercultural communication skills;
- Fluent in English, written and verbal;
- Advanced business knowledge of Excel.
For more information please contact Marc van Kooten 06 48 27 13 35