ServiceNow – Senior Revenue Analyst
Salary: € 60.000 - € 65.000,- + bonus
As a Senior Revenue Analyst with ServiceNow, you will work in an international, innovative and dynamic organization. The company is growing fast, and is rapidly becoming a disruptive force in the field of B2B IT. The Senior Revenue Analyst will directly report to the Manager Revenue and work closely with various internal stakeholders, like sales, operations, legal and finance, as well as external stakeholders, such as external auditors. ServiceNow offers you the opportunity to work as part of an experienced and professional team, responsible for the accounting and revenue recognition process for EMEA/APAC/LATAM regions. You will be responsible for a broad range of revenue recognition matters. Amongst others you review and advise on contracts and sales orders, serve as an internal technical accounting expert and business partner for Sales during the contract negotiation process. As a Senior Revenue Analyst, you assist in the implementation of revenue recognition reporting and process improvements. You will be challenged to further develop yourself in the field of revenue recognition, financial analyses and project management. The ideal candidate has at least a Bachelor or Master degree (Finance, Economics or Accounting), 5-8 years working experience and the right ambition to make a difference in this complex, international environment.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Involvement in review and advise on contracts and sales orders to arrive at and assess proper revenue recognition treatment prior to and once deals are finalized.
- Review analyses for multiple element arrangements in accordance with ASC 605/606 (previously SOP 97-2 or EITF 08-1).
- Monitor relevant US GAAP and SEC developments and international developments to ensure revenue recognition policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Perform the monthly close tasks associated with revenue including the preparation of deferred revenue roll-forward, posting of monthly revenue journal entries and assisting the revenue manager in the preparation of the monthly close package.
- Perform audits of sales orders for proper revenue recognition, data entry and billing accuracy.
- Exercise judgment within defined policies and authoritative literature to determine appropriate action related to revenue-related transactions and write related technical memos.
- Serve as an internal technical accounting expert for Sales during the contract negotiation process by analyzing the impact of red flag contract terms, communicating the revenue impact, and offering alternative structures, where possible.
- Assist the manager in training on revenue recognition rules, policies and practices to Sales and other departments within the organization.
- Assist in process improvements to further streamline revenue tasks and shorten revenue close cycle.
- Involved in revenue recognition matters with the external audit firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Develop process narratives and help to implement and test SOX controls related to the revenue function.
- Assist in the implementation of revenue recognition reporting and process improvements based upon industry trends, authoritative literature and business objectives (including the implementation of a new system to help automate the process – SAP enhancements).
Education and skills
- Bachelor (HBO) or Master degree for example in Finance, Economics or Accounting;
- 5-8 years working experience, background in a Big4 firm is a plus;
- Proficient understanding of software revenue recognition;
- Experience in the application of SAB 104, SOP 97-2, EITF 08-1 or IFRS;
- Ability to effectively work with a team and to expedite completion of critical projects with other functional groups including FP&A, Sales, Marketing and Information Systems
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with all levels of management
- Demonstrates ability to drive the month-end accounting close process
- Analytical, pro-active, accurate and able to work under tight deadlines;
- Intercultural communication skills;
- Fluent in English, written and verbal;
- Advanced business knowledge of Excel.
For more information please contact Marc van Kooten 06 48 27 13 35