SHV – Member Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting department
Department & Function
Within Finance the Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting department (CAF) is responsible for the preparation of the consolidated annual report of SHV Holdings and all financial reporting to the Executive Board of Directors of SHV (EBD) and Functional Directors, as well as additional external reporting requirements, analyses, queries and ad hoc reporting.
We have a vacancy within this department for an enthusiastic team player with an excellent understanding of finance and financial accounting, including Dutch GAAP and IFRS. You must enjoy to constantly review the effectiveness, completeness and compliance of the financial reporting principles and tools of SHV.
You will be member of a team which consists of seven members, which report to the Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting manager. During January until March and October until November the work load within CAF has a periodic peak. This function is for 40 hours a week.
As member of the CAF department you will have a wide range of responsibilities and work together with the other financial departments, as International Business Control, treasury, tax and corporate accounting, in the head office.
The function includes:
- Consolidation of all financial information of the SHV group world wide
- Preparation of all financial reporting to the management of SHV
- Preparation of the Annual report of SHV Holdings N.V.
- Analyses, queries and ad hoc reporting
- Support of the finance functions in the Groups companies and business units
- Taking responsibilities in various projects such as new reporting requirements
In the corporate accounting field you fulfil a key role within the SHV-organisation. You maintain contact with Group companies (CFO’s and financial controllers), and the other financial departments in the head office, Group companies and business units. You make use of standard reporting principles, which you also continuously review on effectiveness and completeness and compliance with general accepted accounting principles (Dutch GAAP/IFRS). You make use of an integrated reporting system (SAP BPC).
Knowledge and requirements
- Relevant financial education at HBO/University level
- Preferably relevant work experience within a commercial and international business environment.
- Excellent understanding of finance and financial accounting, including Dutch GAAP and IFRS
- Strong analytical skills
- Preferably experienced in working with SAP BPC
- Experienced in working with Excel
- Team player, flexible, enthusiastic attitude and cooperative
- Good communicative skills and a thorough command of the English language