Smit Lamnalco – Controller Accounting & Reporting
As a Controller Accounting & Reporting at Smit Lamnalco you act as ‘the subject matter expert’ in the field of Accounting and Reporting. You will report directly to the Group Accounting & Reporting Manager and will be business partnering with multiple operational departments. The purpose of the position is to deliver the Group’s consolidated financial reporting and to ensure that the company complies with IFRS and other regulatory accounting principles, laws & regulations regarding financial reporting. The ideal candidate has a Chartered Accountant degree, good knowledge of IFRS and is a good communicator to maintain relationships on various levels.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Structure, optimize and implement internal control policies and processes (Control Framework);
- Prepare consolidated financial statements of the Group and corporate entities, review financial statements of other subsidiaries and give guidance regarding financial
- Act as a business partner internally and externally;
- Deliver timely and accurate consolidated financial reports and statements, in line with IFRS or local statutory standards;
- Develop and implement best practice processes and systems in the field of accounting & reporting across the Group.
- Ensure the company complies with all IFRS and other regulatory requirements regarding financial reporting;
- Conduct Balance Sheet reviews, ensuring satisfactory resolution of queries and investigating trends & variances;
- Provide timely and complete information to the Tax Department as required, for preparation and filing of tax returns and local audits;
- Develop, maintain and implement the Accounting Manual in line with IFRS accounting standards.
- Manage the EXQL application (functional) in cooperation with the Group Controller Consolidation & Reporting .
- Work with internal and external auditors on statutory audits and tax requirements.
Education and Skills
- A Chartered Accountant degree (RA);
- Good knowledge of IFRS and other relevant accounting standards;
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience, ideally acquired in Accountancy (‘big 4’) / External Auditing eventually combined with an operational experience in controlling;
- Strong analytical skills and capable to describe (complex) processes in a simple way;
- Ambitious, critical, pragmatic and with the intrinsic motivation to deliver high quality.
- Good communicator, able to maintain relations on various levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.
Smit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 180 vessels and 2,500 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Eline van der Stee at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 6 18 91 35 41.