Sonos – GL Accountant EMEA
As GL Accountant within Sonos, you will focus on the accounting for Sonos EMEA entities, as well as the preparation of P&L and the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. This position will also be joining global and/or EMEA projects (e.g. ERP, SOX404, Accounting and Process improvements projects). The right person will have the experience, passion, and energy to successfully fulfill a wide variety GL tasks. This role will work with cross functional team members and you will be responsible for accounting of our various subsidiaries in the region. Experience with working in a US public company environment and with SOX404 requirements is a plus.
The ideal candidate for Sonos is someone who brings a unique perspective to the table and transparency tops your list of values, so you’re not like everyone else. Besides this, you enjoy a challenge and you are unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. Last but not least, you love to listen. You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand and you’re culturally connected.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Own and drive monthly close activities for multiple areas/companies (US GAAP and local GAAP)
- Enter monthly accounting journals, reconcile ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and P&L (using Blackline as tool) and effectively execute processes that are SOX compliant.
- Actively participate and bring value to cross functional meetings intended to improve or automate accounting and control processes.
- Provide backup assistance for accruals process, accounts payable and accounts receivable operations.
- Compile and analyze data. Prepare a variety of reports for internal, audit and external reporting.
- Enter fixed asset additions in the subledger, depreciate and reconcile with general ledger.
- Prepare data for local VAT returns and Intrastat reporting as well as statistical filings.
- Recommend actions to resolve discrepancies and contribute with your expertise to various projects and ad hoc analyses.
Education and Personal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Economics
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 3 – 5 years of related experience in an international company, including experience with accounting systems.
- Experienced with full General Ledger and US GAAP accounting and familiar with major European countries taxes.
- Strong VAT knowledge in an international environment.
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills in English. Dutch, French and/or German is a plus.
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational and communicational skills.
- Consumer Electronics/Technology industry background preferred.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Anne Lenter at 06 14 58 76 33