Sungevity – Financial Controller
Salary: € 40.000 - € 65.000,-
As a Financial Controller at Sungevity, you will work in an expanding, energetic organization in an exciting market. The company is becoming an important player in the energy industry, and strive to maintain the growth they have achieved in the past years. The Financial Controller will report to the Finance Director and will work closely with the different teams throughout Sungevity. You will work in a company that does more than just sell solar panels, they strive to increase sustainability and awareness in every home in Europe. You will play a key role in taking controllership to the next level. Focusing on the financial processes, improving the periodic reports and setting up new entities will be a part of your job description. During all this, you also make sure the monthly numbers are correct and up to date. Sungevity offers you the opportunity to work as part of an enthusiastic and professional team, responsible for the further growth of the company. You will be working in a hands-on role to advise management on improving operational processes and to make sure the organization is future-proof.
You are eager to learn new things. You will be challenged to further develop yourself in different fields and you enjoy celebrating the successes with your co-workers. The ideal candidate has a Bachelor degree in Accounting, or in a relevant field, a minimum of 3 years working experience and the right ambition to make a difference at Sungevity.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provide accounting and statutory support in development of new geographic areas, new channels, and new products and services;
- You will be accountable for accurate, complete and efficient financial statements, administrative processes, account reconciliations and monthly close procedures for the current 5 legal entities;
- Ensure compliance with all external reporting, statutory requirements and fiscal matters;
- Prepare for and provide support during audits;
- Manage and liaise with accounting offices in multiple European countries;
- Manage and liaise with pay roll service providers in multiple European countries;
- Manage and improve accounting and related operational systems;
- Support on insurance, legal and treasury matters;
- Develop and maintain relationships with various locations and departments within the ENGIE group and ensure compliance with respect to periodic reporting, internal group processes and policies.
Education and skills
- Hold a BSc degree in Finance, Accounting, or a relevant field;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in finance positions, preferably in an accounting and financial controllership role;
- Are knowledgeable with local GAAP and fiscal policies;
- Have an entrepreneurial mind-set, and a drive to set up key processes and ability to build in a scale-up setting;
- Good analytical skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills in English, preferably Dutch as well.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Marc van Kooten at 06 4827 13 35 / 020 333 7888 or firstname.lastname@example.org