Teva – Senior Manager Reporting
As Senior Manager Reporting for Teva you will work in an international, fast changing and challenging environment. The Senior Manager Reporting is accountable for the proper local and international reporting of all Dutch companies, production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risks, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (US/NL GAAP). The ideal candidate has an university degree and a hands-on, proactive approach.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Managing the monthly, quarterly and annual group financial reporting process for all Dutch entities (approximately 30 Dutch BV’s spread over 6 reporting packages) on a US GAAP basis. Size and complexity varies from European HQ, to Operational plant, to significant finance BV’s to pure holding or service entities;
- Full responsibility for the initial set-up and ongoing controlling of 3 significant finance BV’s (approximately 25 billion of external debt) with high complexity and sensitivity (complex tax structures, large number of external and internal stakeholders including banks, complex financial instruments like SWAP deals);
- Managing treasury related activities with regards to the 3 finance entities including periodical spread analyses and ensuring /challenging adequate set-up of company to manage exposure risks;
- Responsible for the coordination and timely completion of all statutory audits with external auditors (7 audits in total);
- Responsible for the timely and adequate preparation of annual accounts for all legal entities (30 BV’s) based on Dutch GAAP;
- Ensuring that European and Global relationships improve by having frequent meetings with international tax, treasury and accounting teams;
- Performing accounting research on new accounting guidelines and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Providing local controllers with guidance on more complex accounting standards (i.e. new group guidelines), SOX guidance etc.
- Coordination of SOX compliance work for all Dutch entities, including ICFR improvement programs and create further awareness of importance of SOX compliance;
- Coordination of group audit procedures with external auditors;
- Manage / Coach the reporting team (currently 4 persons) and reports to Director Accounting Benelux
- Writing of accounting memo’s for local or audit purposes on more complex accounting theme’s, such as
- In depth impairment analyses to substantiate ~25 billion of investments recorded in local books;
- Preparation of going concern memo’s in accordance with accounting standards;
- Memo’s around other more complex topics such as asset valuations, agent / principal assessments etc.
- Support to more complex ad-hoc projects, including a recent project to be part of the core team on the valuation exercise on a recent significant acquisition made by the group and subsequent Purchase Price Allocation steps to be taken;
- Managing other compliance driven external reporting, such as CBS and DNB;
- University degree (preferably RA / CPA/ ACCA);
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant work experience (possibly at Sr Manager level Big4 or reporting experience at multinational);
- Strong knowledge of Dutch GAAP, US-GAAP and SOX;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to delegate and track tasks within the team combined with hands-on working attitude;
- Good skills in IT (Excel required and Hyperion / Oracle preferred);
- Strong verbal and written communication in English;
- Attention for detail, high accuracy and dedicated professional worker with flexible attitude;