Varo Energy B.V. – Compliance Analyst Renewable Energy
Salary: -- Up to €4500,- gross per month
We are looking for a Compliance Analyst Biofuels to join the Biofuels Team of our client based
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
As an Analyst in Biofuels, you are responsible for compliance with the obligations under the
legislation regarding the incorporation of renewable energy in fuels for road transport. This
applies to all (EU) countries where the company operates. You ensure the uniformity of
administrations relevant for the obligations and the associated reports. This is done on the
basis of the legal rules and the internal procedures adopted. You draw up reports for internal
and external customers and submit/distribute them independently. You are also responsible
for the coordination between the various processes regarding biofuels. You are a point of
contact within the organization when it comes to the reporting obligations arising out of
legislation in the field of renewable energy in the transport sector and you are responsible for
complete, timely and correct reporting to national authorities.
- Excellent analytical and numerical talent
- Management skills and experience of coaching on the job
- Responsible; reliable and accurate
- You present yourself as a pro-active person and work result-oriented;
- Eager to learn and develop yourself
- Strong communication skills with the ability build valuable relationships.
- A person who thinks in opportunities and chances with a critical mindset and a desire for continuous improvement and adding value.
Education and skills
- Master’s degree preferably in a Economic or Accounting & Control direction
- Around 4 years of experience in Biofuels (legislation)
- Experience or affinity with reporting Excellent command of Dutch and English language, both written and verbally
- Experience with and knowledge of the oil market is considered as a major advantage
VARO is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Our
core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail
in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
We source crude oil for our refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where
we manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, we transport, store and
distribute them to our customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. We deploy
risk management strategies to optimize the value of these assets and flows.
Varo is investing in this market by building a network of refineries, storage tanks and
distribution channels to secure the reliable supply of oil products for heating, transportation,
construction and the petrochemical industry in North West Europe.
Most importantly, we are an established and experienced refiner. We know that no matter what
we do, operating safely and behaving responsibly in the communities we work in is an
If you have any questions in relation to this position do not hesitate to contact Eline van der
Stee from Greenberg Nielsen via 06-18913541 or e-mail email@example.com