Varo Energy B.V. – Compliance Officer Renewable Energy
Salary: Up to €4.500,- gross per month
We are looking for a Compliance Officer Renewable Energy to join our client based in Rotterdam.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Renewables Compliance Officer ensures that VARO complies with the obligations arising from (inter)national legislation with regard to the incorporation of renewable fuels into mineral oils in Benelux.
He is to ensure that the biofuels allocated to obligations in EU Member States meet the changing and country-specific sustainability requirements.
He monitors the Renewables Compliance team on uniformity of applicable administrations within VARO and the resulting reports, on the basis of the legal framework and the internal administrative rules that he sets and maintains.
Renewables Compliance Officer indicates to Supply Trading the framework in which decision-making space exists and exercises internal supervision of compliance with this as evidenced by VARO’s system data and the recorded mass balances, simultaneously providing maximum support to the business.
He is responsible for the correct, complete and timely submission of renewable obligation reports to Member States national authorities.
- You present yourself as a pro-active person and work result-oriented;
- Responsible; reliable and accurate
- Management skills and experience of coaching on the job, team lead of 3
- Excellent analytical and numerical talent
- Strong communication skills with the ability build valuable relationships.
- Enhance knowledge within Biofuel Compliance team
- Point of contact within VARO to share knowledge internally on biofuel compliance aspects
- Futher develop internal reports
- Further develop (interfaces between) Biofuels systems
- Interpret changes of external and internal requirements and adapt them to biofuel administrations accordingly
- Compile process descriptions and define necessary/desired internal controls within the biofuels administrative process
- Signal risks to (in)direct reports in terms of operational or financial aspects related to biofuels
Education and skills
- Master’s degree preferably in Business Economics or Accounting & Control program direction or the like
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Biofuels (legislation)
- Experience or affinity with reporting
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language, both written and verbally
- Strong German and/or French language skills are a plus
- Experience with and knowledge of the oil market is considered as a major advantage
VARO is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Our core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
We source crude oil for our refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where we manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, we transport, store and distribute them to our customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. We deploy risk management strategies to optimize the value of these assets and flows.
Varo is investing in this market by building a network of refineries, storage tanks and distribution channels to secure the reliable supply of oil products for heating, transportation, construction and the petrochemical industry in North West Europe.
Most importantly, we are an established and experienced refiner. We know that no matter what we do, operating safely and behaving responsibly in the communities we work in is an unconditional priority.
If you have any questions in relation to this position do not hesitate to contact Eline van der Stee from Greenberg Nielsen via 06-18913541 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org