Varo Energy B.V. – Financial Controller
Salary: Up to €65.000,- gross per year
We are looking for a Financial Controller to join the Accounting & Reporting Team of our client in the Oil & Gas in Rotterdam.
As a Financial Controller you will be coordinating and monitoring the financial closing process of the Benelux business. This applies to all aspects of accounting, financial control and financial reporting, including statutory requirements of our Dutch and Belgian entities.
You will ensure that monthly reporting timelines are met and that group accounting principles and closing procedures are applied throughout all entities. Part of this responsibility is that you will support the accountants in the finance team in Rotterdam with your knowledge and understanding of accounting and consolidation processes. You will be a point of contact within the organization in this matter.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare monthly overviews and analysis of overhead costs for the Business Control team
- Be responsible for overhead allocations,
- Prepare statutory annual accounts,
- Participate in IT development projects in scope of finance,
- Coordinate deliverables for the external auditors including follow up on audit questions,
- Be responsible for other local reporting requirements such as CBS inquiries,
- Assist in the preparation of corporate income tax returns and other tax reportings such as WKR (Work related expense scheme).
Finance has a strong focus on improving processes in terms of efficiency and effectivity, a similar proactive mindset is expected from you.
You will report directly to the Finance Manager Benelux and will be part of the accounting team in Rotterdam which consist of 8 colleagues. In this role you will also work closely with the Group Accounting and Reporting team at our head office in Switzerland.
- Master’s degree in Accountancy or Accounting & Control program or a part qualified Post-Doctoral degree in Accounting (p.a. CPA, RA or equivalent)
- Willingness to complete post-doctoral degree in Audit
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting or financial control, or within auditing,
- Solid understanding of accounting and consolidation,
- Good knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP, experience corporate income tax regulations is considered as an advantage.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language, both written and verbally
- Experience with and knowledge of the oil market is considered a major advantage
Education and skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical talent
- Responsible; reliable and accurate
- Team player
- You present yourself as a pro-active person and work result oriented;
- Eager to learn and develop yourself
- Strong communication skills with the ability build valuable relationships.
- A person who thinks in opportunities and chances with a critical mindset and a desire for continuous improvement and adding value.
VARO is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Our core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
We source crude oil for our refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where we manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, we transport, store and distribute them to our customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. We deploy risk management strategies to optimize the value of these assets and flows.
Varo is investing in this market by building a network of refineries, storage tanks and distribution channels to secure the reliable supply of oil products for heating, transportation, construction and the petrochemical industry in North West Europe.
Most importantly, we are an established and experienced refiner. We know that no matter what we do, operating safely and behaving responsibly in the communities we work in is an unconditional priority.
If you have any questions in relation to this position do not hesitate to contact Eline van der Stee from Greenberg Nielsen via 06-18913541 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org