Varo Energy B.V. – Trade Finance Analyst
Salary: € 40.000 - € 50.000,-
Varo is looking for a Trade Finance Analyst to join the Credit Team based in Rotterdam. The Credit Team consist of five members and focuses on building a zero loss track record. The Credit Team has a centralized position within the VARO group and due to the departure of one of their colleagues, a new enthusiastic colleague who is eager to further develop the activities within the organization is needed. You will report directly to the Group Credit Manager and will be part of the larger Credit and Treasury department which consists of five colleagues in Rotterdam and five colleagues in Cham, Switzerland. The total group portfolio managed by the team includes 5000+ customers with a continuous outstanding of USD 750M. The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, is able to take decisions and communicate them combined with a financial focus to support this.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure operational responsibility regarding group wide payment instruments on a cost and process efficient basis in an independent manner.
- You will align processes within the group, negotiate finance instruments with banks and trade finance instruments with counterparties.
- You will advise on credit risk on counterparty level and assume responsibility of VARO bad debt track record on portfolio level.
- You discuss credit risk on counterparty level.
- You monitor the Trade Finance Costs levels and analyses the P&L.
- You will participate in projects end initiate improvements.
- The team has a strong focus on improving processes in terms of efficiency and effectivity, a similar mindset is expected from you.
Education and Skills
- Minimal 2 years’ experience with trade finance;
- A Master’s degree preferably in Economics, Finance or Law;
- Experience in the commodity industry is considered as a huge advantage;
- Brief understanding of financial, business and legal risks;
- Affinity with financial analysis and credit management;
- Critical mindset with passion for improvement;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language, both written and verbally;
VARO is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Their core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. Varo sources crude oil for their refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where they manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, they transport, store and distribute them to their customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
If you have any questions in relation to this position do not hesitate to contact Eline van der Stee from Greenberg Nielsen via 06-18913541 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org