Varo Energy B.V. – Trade Finance Analyst
Salary: € 40.000 - € 50.000,-
As a Trade Finance Analyst you will join the Credit Team of VARO Energy based in Rotterdam. The main focus of the Trade Finance Analyst will be to ensure operational responsibility regarding group wide payment instruments on a cost and process efficient basis in an independent manner. The Credit Team has a centralized position within Varo and consist of five team members. Their main goal is to build a zero loss track record.
The total group portfolio managed by the Credit Team includes 5000+ customers with a continuous outstanding of USD 750M. One of the main objectives is to position VARO as a partner of their commercial business, by adding value in terms of risk analysis and cash flow optimizations. The Trade Finance Analyst will report directly to the Group Credit Manager and will be part of the larger Credit and Treasury department which consists of five colleagues in Rotterdam and five colleagues in Cham, Switzerland.
- Responsible for the operational Trade Finance management activities;
- Align processes within the Credit Team;
- Negotiate finance instruments with banks and trade finance instruments with counterparties;
- Provide advice on credit risk on counterparty level and assume responsibility of VARO bad debt track record on portfolio level;
- Monitor the Trade Finance Costs levels and analyses the P&L;
- Participate in projects and initiate improvements;
Education and skills
- A minimum of 3 year’s relevant experience;
- A Master’s degree preferably in e.g. Business Administration or Finance & Control;
- Affinity with financial analysis and credit management;
- A post-master with specialization on Trade Finance is considered an advantage;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language, both written and verbally;
- Understanding of financial, legal and business risks;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Critical and solution oriented mindset;
- Eager to learn and develop yourself to become one of the core strengths within the team;
Our client is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Their core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
If you have any questions in relation to this position do not hesitate to contact Eline van der Stee from Greenberg Nielsen via 06-18913541 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org