Varo – Tax Compliance Employee Customs & Excise
Salary: € 40.000 - € 50.000,- gross a year
Varo is looking for a hands-on and enthusiastic Tax Compliance Employee Customs & Excise to join the Tax Team based in Rotterdam. As a Compliance Employee Customs & Excise, you are primarily responsible for creating, making and checking all declarations and related tasks, conducting a complete and proper Customs and Excise Inventory Administration, and the proper application of relevant legislation at the operational level and related activities. In this role you will be trained to become an experienced Customs and Excise specialist. You will report directly to the Manager Indirect Tax and will be part of the larger Tax department which consists of colleagues in Rotterdam, Belgium, Germany and in Cham, Switzerland. In order to comply with the content of the job the ideal candidate has strong administrational skills, has an eye for detail and is able to take decisions and communicate them combined with a financial analytical focus to support this.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creating and checking monthly statements regarding excise duties;
- Keep the master data files up to date;
- Timely compilation and submission of customs and excise duty returns and declarations;
- You provide support when Customs and excise licenses or guarantees need to be requested;
- Tracking of customs and excise stock records;
- The timely compilation and submission of CBS declarations;
- Clearing inbound eADs and checking timely clearance of outbound eADs
- Assists the Senior Compliance employee Customs and Excise with Customs audits;
- Timely submission of customs and excise returns or declarations;
- Performing checks included in the internal control program;
Education and Skills
- A MBO degree in Administration combined with 3-5 years of experience in Customs and Excise
- Or a HBO degree combined with 1-2 years of experience in Customs and Excise
- An (assistant) customs declarant certification is considered as a major advantage
- Solid command of Dutch both written and verbally
- Experience and knowledge of the oil market and biofuels is considered as an advantage
- You are flexible, reliable, accurate and a real team player.
VARO is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Their core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. Varo sources crude oil for their refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where they manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, they transport, store and distribute them to their customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
If you have any questions in relation to this position do not hesitate to contact Eline van der Stee from Greenberg Nielsen via 06-18913541 or e-mail email@example.com