ViaVan – Financial Controller
Salary: Competitive compensation package
ViaVan is on the cutting edge of mobility and is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world’s largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan’s sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent.
ViaVan’s headquarter is based in Amsterdam and it has offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years.
As a Financial Controller, you will work from the ViaVan office in Amsterdam, together with the Finance Director and controlling team on a daily basis to build a future-proof finance and reporting structure. Your responsibility extends from improving the financial processes to taking the ownership and responsibility for the financial administration of the various entities across Europe. You’ll take a large role in the monthly closing process and ensuring compliance and optimization of accounting and control structures in the countries in which ViaVan operates. Your span of control will be extensive, as you will work together closely with the General Managers across all of the European operating cities, acting as their point of contact. Furthermore, the Finance Director will be looking at you to make finance run faster, better and more efficient.
Within ViaVan, you will be challenged to develop yourself, and you will play a pivotal part in the future growth of the company. The ideal candidate has an accounting or finance degree with a minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in accounting or controlling and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better ViaVan. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a sparring partner for the Finance Director and the General Managers of the European business;
- Contribute continuously to the improvement of financial processes and reports;
- Manage, coach and assist the accounting associates;
- Be responsible for the monthly closing and investor reports;
- Lead many of the efforts to maintain ViaVan’s compliance in different countries, by liaising with external audit and tax advisors as it relates to financial reporting, corporate tax and VAT;
- Pro-actively support and advise in developing and further professionalising the accounting and controlling department;
- Work cross-functionally with operations, growth, data, and partnership teams to understand the implications of new business initiatives and assist in the development of adequate reporting.
Education and personal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Economics;
- A minimum of 4-6 years of working experience within accounting or financial control;
- Working knowledge of IFRS, Dutch GAAP is preferred;
- The eagerness to make a difference in a dynamic, international company with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- The ability to hold your ground in a hectic environment;
- Willingness to explore financial issues that haven’t been addressed yet;
- Strong communication skills and personality;
- Fluency in English is required and German would be a plus.
ViaVan is a joint venture between Via, the world’s leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company. ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world’s largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan’s sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. ViaVan has offices in Amsterdam, Berlin and London, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Karen de Geus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-34 22 97 82.