Wolters Kluwer – Group Accounting & Reporting Officer
Salary: € 65.000 - € 72.500,-
Salary: € 65.000 – 72.500 gross a year (based on 36 hours, including holiday allowance, excluding 20% bonus)
As Group Accounting & Reporting Officer at Wolters Kluwer you will work in a dynamic, international and ambitious organization. The Group Accounting & Reporting Officer will report to the VP Group Accounting & Reporting. You will liaise closely with divisional and local CFO’s, controllers of the global operation divisions, external accountants and other teams, such as: treasury, tax, business analysis & control, legal, communications and mergers & acquisitions. You will be part of the Corporate Office Team which consist of three chartered accountants who are responsible for the external financial reporting of the Wolters Kluwer Group (AEX-Listed, 2018 annual revenues of €4.3 billion).
Within Wolters Kluwer you fulfill an important position in the preparation and review of the financial statements of Wolters Kluwer N.V. including the preparation of notes and coordination of the annual report process. The ideal candidate is a Registered Chartered Accountant, gained 5-6 years of relevant working experience (preferable at the Big4) and has the right drive and ambition to make a career within Wolters Kluwer.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You will manage relationships with external auditors, focusing on support in the execution of the audits;
- Preparing and reviewing the financial statements of Wolters Kluwer N.V.;
- You will prepare presentations for the Executive Board, Audit Committee and Financial Community;
- Reviewing IAS 19 calculations of the group companies and deliver a contribution on embedding new standards such as Revenue Recognition (IFRS 15) and Leasing (IFRS 16);
- You will be highly involved in internal control projects at Corporate Office and liaise with Internal Control Officer;
- Train and develop the internal finance community to ensure proper knowledge of accounting standards and accounting manual in the global finance function;
- Involved in ad hoc business projects such as replacement of EPM systems and implementation of XBRL;
- Develop and maintain: Master data definition & taxonomy and accounting and reporting manual;
- You will prepare accounting position papers;
- Perform, together with local management and experts Purchase Price Allocations of acquired companies.
Education and Skills
- You are a Registered Chartered Accountant (or nearly completed)
- You have 5–6 years of relevant experience, preferably at a Big 4 audit firm and/or a multinational
- You have a deep understanding of accounting and reporting standards (IFRS)
- You are a good communicator, a team-player and have strong influencing management skills;
- You have an excellent command of the English language, Dutch would be a preference
- Hands-on, abitility to get things done and down-to-earth are characteristics which fit you well
Wolters Kluwer is a fast growing, financially healthy and listed organization. You will join their Corporate Finance team in their head office in Alphen aan den Rijn and be part of a diverse, global workforce in a challenging, international and dynamic environment. Wolters Kluwer has been recognized as Dutch Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year.
For further information you can contact Eline van der Stee at 06-18913541 or email@example.com