Wolters Kluwer- Group Business Controller
Salary: up to €85.000 gross per year
Do you want to support the Executive Board and Senior Management in their decision-making process? And be responsible for group management reports (monthly, quarterly and annually), as well as ad-hoc analysis, modelling and various other projects? Than you really have to read further!
The BAC team is uniquely positioned at Wolters Kluwer, working with all Divisions and oper-ating companies globally, Corporate functions such as Accounting, Investor Relations, M&A, Treasury and Tax, and close to the Executive Board of a listed company. The BAC department plays a key role in analysing the performance of the Wolters Kluwer businesses in close co-operation with the CFO’s of our Divisions and the financial directors of our many operating companies. In addition to the corporate-wide control, reporting and budgeting function, the department is sharpening its focus on the analysis of trends in the performance of the com-pany as well as internal and external benchmarking. This analysis will also be tailored to the company’s financial market communication. In this role you will report to the Manager Busi-ness Analysis & Control.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Analysis of division/ business unit management information and regular reporting on company/division/business unit performance;
- Contributing to the further improvement of management information flows and processes to support control;
- Identify financial business risks and opportunities, as well as opportunities for process optimization;
- Define KPI’s to improve performance tracking;
- Financial analysis of longer term business plans;
- Interaction with various corporate groups (Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Consolidation, Investor Relations, M&A etc.) to ensure accuracy and relevancy of consolidated results and related analysis;
- Control and analysis of specific items such as cash flow, personnel cost/FTE, primary/functional cost, post-acquisition, et cetera;
- Flash audits, focused on risk assessment and control of projects;
- Ad-hoc financial modeling, forecasting and business analysis.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience;
- Strong proficiency in managing multi-disciplinary activities across multiple functions;
- Extensive experience with Excel and financial systems, (preferably Hyperion).
- Flexible and dedicated personality with excellent analytical skills;
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to handle vast quantities of data;
- Result-oriented and focused on achieving deadlines;
- Pro-active team player with strong organizational skills;
- Proven balance of attention to detail and accuracy coupled with broad-based long range planning expertise;
- Strategic thinking with respect to developing the department/responsibilities;
- Fluency in the English language, both spoken and written.
Wolters Kluwer offers a competitive salary with a fulltime job of 36 hours a week. Further-more, a laptop, generous contribution to your pension, outstanding international career op-portunities and a commitment to invest in your personal development are also part of the package. In addition to this our client has a yearly sports day, a spectacular end of year par-ty, free fruit and most of all, a great environment with fun and professional colleagues! Wolters Kluwer is very proud to have been recognized as Dutch Top Employer for the fourth consecutive year.
For more information you can contact Eline van der Stee at 06-18913541 or email@example.com