Wolters Kluwer – Manager Financial Control
Salary: € 75.000 - € 105.000,-
Looking for a global role where you will have full financial control responsibility and ownership of shaping and managing key financial processes? Then join our client Wolters Kluwer as the Manager Financial Control within our Global Platform Organization!
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance, and legal sectors. Within Wolters Kluwer the Global Platform Organization (GPO) co-creates state-of-the-art digital solutions with our businesses around the world. The GPO mandate is to grow revenue in the company’s digital products through innovation in, and adoption of, global platforms and tools to meet customer needs.
As the Manager Financial Control you will manage a team of 3 Financial Controllers and report directly to the CFO GPO. You will own the financial processes of WK Tech BV, its branches R&D US LP and work closely with the Corporate Accounting and GPO FP&A team.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Develop proper processes to allow an efficient and fully controlled administrative flow
- Partner with Corporate accounting to provide accounting support to new entities and initiatives, leveraging structures, process and learning from Tech BV support
- Manage month end and year end accounting activities such as account reconciliations and accrual journal entries
- Participate in design and implementation of financial processes, including but not limited to: purchasing, recharging of GPO services, period end closing, cost center design, GL account design, project structure design.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on financial performance of project/programs, such as IP programs and service contracts
- Report financial results of WK Tech BV and R&D US adequately and timely
- Review and monitor the accounting procedures, recommending changes where necessary
- Support CFO GPO for GPO Financial reporting
- Partner with Corporate Tax and Tech BV executive stakeholders to track and optimize tax benefits derived from WK Tech BV’s innovative activities; drive financial execution on opportunities to expand WK Tech BV ‘s activities
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business units, GBS, GPO and Corporate Finance (Accounting, Business Analysis & Control and Consolidation)
- Supporting the planning processes (strategic 3-year planning (VSP), budgeting and latest estimates) for each of the cost centers
- Manage GPO capitalization process: monitor costs of ongoing projects, managing the capitalization and amortization of assets and reporting to stakeholders on the CAPEX status
- Manage GPO’s intercompany recharge process
- Participate in internal and external audits of the GPO books
- End responsibility for correct reporting of actual operating expenses per cost centre
- End-responsibility for Cash flow and Net Working Capital reporting
- Manage, train, motivate 2 FTE
Education and skills
- Master degree, preferably in Business Economics, Business Administration, Controller Education or similar
- 10+ years of finance experience of which 5+ in a leadership position, preferably in an international environment;
- Experience with technology development and service management processes is a plus;
- A strong talent for financial business partnership and formulating value creating strategies
- Combine strategic insight with practical skills and attitude to get things done; able to switch between boardroom communication and office floor communication;
- Passion for optimizing efficiency and effectiveness of financial processes;
- Understanding of ERP systems (SAP) and of reporting databases such as PBCS and HFM (both Oracle products);
- Understanding of information management, system interfaces and master data design;
- Strong, self-starting and pro-active personality
- Ability to build and develop a high-impact finance team with high visibility in an international environment;
- Understanding of technology management processes and shared services delivery models;
- Excellent communication skills, in speech and in writing, and proficiency in English (Dutch a pre) able to create and present board level content to support complex financial decision making;
- Ability to be an effective team-player, accepting accountability and building good working relationships as a means of getting things done
Wolters Kluwer is a fast growing, financially healthy and listed organization. You will be part of a diverse, global workforce and join the GPO Finance team at Wolters Kluwer’s global head office in Alphen aan den Rijn. Our client offers a competitive salary and with a fulltime job of 40 hours a week, a good work life balance. Furthermore, a laptop, smartphone, generous contribution to your pension, outstanding international career opportunities and a commitment to invest in your personal development are also part of the package. In addition, Wolters Kluwer has a yearly sports day, a spectacular end of year party, free fruit and most of all, a great environment with fun and professional colleagues.
Wolters Kluwer has been recognized as the Dutch Top Employer for the fourth consecutive year.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Eline van der Stee at 06-18913541.