As Corporate Business Controller at SHV Holdings you will be working at the Head Office of a professional and entrepreneurial international company with a wide diversity of business activities through SHV’s 7 companies (Groups).
In the role you are the linking pin between the SHV Executive Board of Directors (EBD), the Groups and SHV’s Functional Directors. Although collectively responsible for all Groups, each member of the EBD is looking after one or two Groups in their role of Executive Vice President (EVP). As Corporate Business Controller you will be pro-actively assisting the EVP by providing clear analyses on and insights in the strategic plans, progress of strategic initiatives, business performance and other factors relevant to these Groups.
You will have a strong link with the business to ensure focussed, high qualitative information flows and dialogues to support the EVPs. You identify improvement opportunities to create value. The Corporate Business Controller plays an important role in the lead up to strategic and commercial decision making and reviewing financing and investment proposals.
You will be part of the Corporate Control team consisting of Corporate Business Controllers and Financial Controllers, reporting directly to the Corporate Director Control. Together with the Corporate Control team you will be managing all processes of the performance management cycle (strategy, quarterly rolling forecasts, monthly performance reviews).
Within SHV you will be given plenty of opportunities for training and development, including the potential for next steps in one of SHV’s Groups.
Roles & responsibilities
- Ensure efficient and effective dialogues between SHV EBD and Group management by reviewing and aligning on the content provided by the Group, following up on action items with the Group by challenging them (e.g. on achievability) and by sharing best practices.
- Manage processes of the performance management cycle (strategy, quarterly rolling forecasts, monthly performance reviews) by providing guidance, support and follow-up on risks and opportunities.
- Assist the EVPs on their (ad hoc) requests; and identify improvement opportunities to create value. • Review and process for Q&A incoming investment and financing proposals.
- Support the Group with strategy deep dives (e.g. methodology, resources).
- Provide support to M&A projects.
- Sparring partner of the Corporate Director Control.
Profile / requirements
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Strategic mindset.
- Curious and entrepreneurial.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Team player.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience.
- Relevant degree (Business (Economics), Accountancy, MBA).
- Fluent in English.
Being part of SHV
SHV is a family owned business with a strong position in a number of operational areas and selected investment activities. SHV operates globally and is organised decentral to ensure our diversified businesses can operate close to their customers and maintain loyal customer relationships. SHV is active in energy distribution, cash-and-carry wholesale, heavy lifting and transport activities, industrial services, animal nutrition and aquafeed, exploration, development and production of oil and gas and providing private equity through its seven companies: SHV Energy, Makro, Mammoet, ERIKS, Nutreco, NPM Capital and ONE-Dyas. SHV has a strong focus on entrepreneurship, ensuring a sustainable family of companies for the next generations.
SHV has a long-term vision which is reflected in the strong values and focus on people development. We care for our people and we care for your future. With a wide range of activities in 58 countries, the SHV family offers many challenges to learn, grow, make a career and enjoy yourself working together with 55,000 highly qualified and diverse colleagues worldwide. ‘Investing in People’ is engrained in SHV’s corporate philosophy, putting people at the heart of its business. Committed, talented and passionate employees are key for the continuing success of the business and are the best ambassadors for SHV. SHV believes in growing its own timber, i.e. investing in professional growth and development from within, leading to the right team of leaders, professionals and experts. It’s important to SHV that the employees share the values and believe in its corporate philosophy, which underlies the way SHV works.
SHV doesn’t only offer challenging jobs, but it also offers the opportunity to make a career. SHV’s Head Office, SHV Holdings, is based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. SHV Holdings is a small, transparent organisation with approximately 100 professionals, focusing on serving and supporting the SHV Groups, all passionately done with a high level of professionalism, entrepreneurship and reliance on common sense. Mutual respect is the basis for sound working relationships. SHV’s most important values are integrity and trust.