As an Accounting Analyst within Sonos, you are working at a fast-paced and dynamic tech-minded organization. Sonos is constantly developing new products and experiencing rapid growth. In this position, you report directly to the Senior Manager International Accounting. Further you will work together with the AP and AR colleagues and the Corporate Accounting team.
As Accounting Analyst you will focus on the accounting for Sonos EMEA entities, as well as the preparation of the P&L and the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. In this position Sonos will hand you all the tools you need to develop yourself to a senior and professional Accounting specialist.
The right person will have the experience, passion, and energy to successfully fulfill a wide variety of accounting and analyzing responsibilities. The ideal candidate for Sonos is someone who brings a unique perspective to the table and besides transparency and ownership, your list of values tops respect and collaboration, so you’re not like everyone else. Besides this, you enjoy a challenge and you are not afraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. Last but not least, you love to listen. You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand and you’re culturally connected.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You own and drive the monthly close activities for multiple areas/companies (US GAAP and local GAAP);
- Enter monthly accounting journals, reconcile ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions;
- You will reconcile balance sheet accounts and P&L (using Blackline as tool) and effectively execute processes that are SOX compliant;
- Further you actively participate and bring value to cross functional meetings intended to improve or automate accounting and control processes;
- You will drive a monthly accrual process by working closely with cross functional teams (i.e. Marketing, Logistics and Operations);
- Compile and analyze data and prepare a variety of reports for internal, audit and external reporting.
Education and Personal skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Economics, a Certified Accounting degree is a plus;
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 3 – 5 years of related experience in an international company, including experience with accounting systems;
- Experience with General Ledger and US GAAP accounting and familiar with major European countries taxes;
- Besides good experience in Microsoft Great Plains or SAP, you are proficient in Excel and Gsuit products;
- Fluently written, verbal communication and collaborative skills in English. Dutch, French and/or German is a plus;
- Strong organizational and communicational skills.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system they created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today, Sonos remains focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Jan van den Berg at 06-39 37 95 97 or Jan.email@example.com .