VARO is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Their core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
Varo Energy sources crude oil for their refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where they manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, they transport, store and distribute them to their customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. Varo Energy deploys risk management strategies to optimize the value of these assets and flows. Varo is investing in this market by building a network of refineries, storage tanks and distribution channels to secure the reliable supply of oil products for heating, transportation, construction and the petrochemical industry in North West Europe.
Most importantly, Varo Energy is an established and experienced refiner. They know that no matter what they do, operating safely and behaving responsibly in the communities they work in is an unconditional priority.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Varo Energy is looking for an enthusiastic Financial Operations Employee for the FinOps Trading team, based in Rotterdam. The FinOps team consists out of 5 members (incl. the vacancy). In this role you report directly to the Teamlead Backoffice Trading.
- In this role you are responsible for the successful day to day financial operations which relate to the financial settlement of trading deals. The operational tasks include processing of incoming and outgoing invoices in our trading and accounting systems, with a strong focus on correctness, completeness and timeliness of transactions.
- Furthermore you will monitor trade receivables with third parties to contribute to our credit control process. In order to do this you keep in regular touch with colleagues of the Trading department, Operations, Accounting and Tax as well as counterparties outside our company.
Education and Skills
- A Bachelor degree in Finance, Business or Economics;
- Fluent in the English and Dutch language; both written and verbal
- Advanced experience with MS Excel;
- Basic knowledge on derivatives is considered an advantage;
- Knowledge of oil business or fuel business is considered an advantage;
- Highly accurate;
- Strong communication skills; an inquisitive conversation partner for colleagues of cooperating departments;
- Flexible and energetic; be able to perform in a rapidly changing environment;
- Hands-on: prepared to pick up extra projects where required
Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com