As controller at Bgrid you will be working in fast-growing technology and innovation company, based in the city centre of Amsterdam. Bgrid has revolutionized the building industry with its smart building IoT tech-nology and has the ambition to triple in size in the coming years. We need a strong and ambitious finance professional to help and build our future finance and reporting structure.
You will be reporting to the CEO and together you will build up the finance control function. you will transform the full finance and reporting department into a more analysis driven environment. Together with young, bright and ambitious people you will serve a company with a clear purpose: Make people happy through better buildings.
The ideal candidate has a finance degree, experience in finance, accounting or controlling and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help scaling up Bgrid.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a sparring partner for Senior Management, HR, project managers an operations;
- Prepare and analyse periodical results to support operational and strategic decision-making
- Manage and improve all day-to-day accounting operations
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of financial forecasts and report variances;
- Manage month-end and year-end close;
- Manage and improve all accounting operations
- Assist with the implementation of a new ERP system
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Pro-actively support diverse processes and further professionalize the company.
Education and personal skills
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting;
- Proven working experience within finance, preferably in a highly entrepreneurial environment;
- Proven finance skills and a well-developed business sense;
- Experience in a fast-growing international project-driven company is a big plus;
- Sufficient working knowledge of all operational financial aspects;
- Strong communication skills and eagerness;
- Fluency in English, Dutch is preferred;
BGrid is a fast-growing technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. The company was founded in 2015 based on the conviction that working becomes more efficient and enjoyable by designing smart buildings that are good for the environment, the occupants of the building and the building owners. bGrid has achieved this through a smart sensor network that can be integrated with the known building management systems and lighting on one hand and interact with individual users on the other. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces aka “Internet of Things (IoT)” solutions. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at Rick.Westland@greenbergnielsen.nl or at 06 24 87 54 57.