For one of the largest trade organisations in the world, we are looking for a Business Controller. The Business Control team is part of the Accounting department which consists of 9 colleagues. The team is supportive, motivated and ambitious and works together in an informal way.
Our client is seeking a Business Controller for their office in Rotterdam. In this position you are responsible for different aspects of Trade Accounting and you will be working in a dynamic, international and challenging environment where you will be in contact with the core business about the financial results for the commodities you take responsibility.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Preparing the Trade Balance Sheets and Trade P&L of a number of commodities;
- Preparing global results of our client per commodity and analysing the outcomes together with accountants from many different offices;
- Mark-to market valuations of commodity, derivatives and freight positions;
- Being involved in the reconciliation of inventory and derivatives positions with third party statements and in the audit process of our client;
- Various ad-hoc business requests and (IT) projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting and reporting processes.
Education and Personal Skills
- Master’s degree in (Financial) Economics or any relevant area;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an audit firm, preferably Big 4;
- Practical attitude, strong communication skills and a pro-active, no-nonsense mentality;
- Accurate, good analytical skills, independent, team player;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn the company’s business;
- Fluent in English and Dutch (in word and writing).
- Working in an office located in the Centre of Rotterdam, next to Blaak station.
Are you interested? Please contact Eline van der Stee at 06-18913541 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding this vacancy.