As Financial Professional you will be leading a team of six Finance Professionals in a company which is centralizing the Financial Controlling Department and operate financial processes in their headquarters in Rotterdam.
You will be defining finance processes, optimize workstreams and invest in the right tooling. As Dept is growing very rapidly (double digits organically) plus on top an ambitious buy & build strategy, no day is the same at the office. Recently Carlyle Group has taken a Majority stake in DEPT to further grow their global ambition.
You will actively contribute towards the roadmap of optimization and elevation of the Financial Controlling Team located in Rotterdam. Your focus will lie on efficiency and professionalization – whereby you are responsible to identify and lead improvement projects. You will also be responsible for all 3 Accounting cycles – R2R (including payroll accounting), O2C and P2P – ensuring accurate financial records on time for the respective geographies (together representing about 50% of DEPT’s activities).
You will design and improve governance closing schedules, internal controls and day to day sanity checks.
Besides that, you will be the main point of contact for day to day finance matters to the various business teams (operating directors/sales directors/ managing directors). You will be responsible to coordinate your parts of the annual audit, annual tax filings, and other compliance activities such as InnovationBox, WKR and tax structuring activities. And finally (and probably most importantly), you will act as lead and coach for a team of currently six finance professionals.
The ideal candidate has approximately 8 years’ experience in financial accounting and makes his 3rd step in his or her career.
- Have an open personality that feels comfortable to work in a dynamic buy & build culture, have a sense of humour, appreciates a start-up like business culture and you are up for a challenge;
- Have 6 to 10 years relevant working experience in the field of financial accounting, auditing or financial consulting;
- Are fluent in English, Dutch is an advantage;
- Are a natural leader and educator, management experience is an advantage;
- Know how of Dutch GAAP and IFRS;
- Are experienced in the typical finance tools such as Excel and PowerBI.
- An open culture;
- An exciting job with enough possibilities for training and personal development;
- A laptop and a mobile phone;
- A NS-Business card;
- Delicious, healthy food;
- Bootcamp training;
- Great get-togethers;
- Competitive financial compensation;
- The opportunity to do what you do best and become even better.
DEPT is an international digital agency of over 1,500 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need. DEPT is a young company and the best minds work every day for a wide range of customers, such as KLM, NS, Tesla, Bugaboo, bol.com, Oxxio and Philips. Yes, DEPT is eager to bring on board the most talented experts in the game. But DEPT is also looking for a perfect DEPT-fit. Someone who is eager to learn and strives towards a better world, takes the stage, is a futurist at heart and someone who is down to participate in curling activities once in a while. Ultimately, DEPT is looking for a unique individual who is able to strengthen their collective. The organisation strongly supports diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Marcel Eldering at 06 22 55 58 50 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org