As a Controller Group Reporting & Consolidation you will be working for one of the biggest agricultural commodities within Europe. The Group Reporting & Consolidation team is part of the Accounting Department and consists of 8 people. This team supports group entities in all accounting or reporting topics, e.g. external and internal reporting, ensure IFRS compliance as well as involvement in complex accounting matters through the preparation of accounting position papers. The team’s overall ambition is to provide complete and accurate financial information to management, shareholders and external stakeholders.
In this role, you will be responsible for taking on the current reporting landscape and automating as much as possible. This includes conceptual design and hands-on implementation of the monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting. You will be key in creating a structured approach to this. You will also carry out ad-hoc analyses as required to support the business. Next to that you will execute the organization’s accounting activities, as well as prepare the accounting statements. You should be able to provide technical expertise where needed regarding new IFRS application, business combinations, other complex accounting matters.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordination and preparation of the monthly consolidation processes (in accordance with IFRS);
- Reviewing and approval of over 180 companies in Hyperion;
- Supporting management and financial reporting to different levels in the organization (up to board level);
- Analyzing reports to improve control of the activities;
- Preparing and analyzing Cash flow;
- Preparing half year / full year group financial statements;
- Interacting with internal / external audit;
- Assisting to establish and integrate new trading offices and asset acquisitions;
- Supporting investment projects and various ad-hoc activities;
- Coordinating and monitoring reporting activities for specific locations;
- Preparing accounting position papers for management and the board;
Education and Skills
- Master degree, being a Chartered Accountant is an huge advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience preferably within one of the Big4 firms;
- Good understanding of IFRS application including Cash Flow preparation;
- Team player, independent, pro-active and a strong drive for continuous improvement;
- Fluent in English (in word and writing), other languages are an advantage.
For more information, get in contact with Eline van der Stee at 06 18 91 35 41 or via email@example.com