TIP has almost doubled the size of the business over the past few years. We are progressing well integrating our newly acquired businesses. This results in significant pressure on the finance organization, controls and aligning of policies and procedures to ensure integrity and timely financial reporting across all our entities and geographies in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS. At the same time, we have started up a Finance Transformation initiative with a focus on process standardization and automation, replacing mundane activities by more value-added activities. This Vision for Finance will accommodate the current and possibly future expansion of TIP and will allow timely decision making in the business. We are now seeking a senior experienced finance professional to lead the Corporate Accounting and Controlling team in this period of change to become best in class. You will report to the Group Financial Controller and lead a team of 18 people based in Amsterdam, Germany and Poland. The team is responsible for most of all accounting, controlling and (external) reporting activities for all legal entities in the TIP Group. Furthermore, the Corporate Accounting Director will be responsible to manage the SLA with our outsourced shared service provider.
- You are responsible for all day-to-day accounting activities for the TIP Group
- You ensure that the books are closed on time with quality
- You translate business events and transactions into balance sheet, P&L and cashflow impact and you provide IFRS and local GAAP advice to management
- You hold monthly balance sheet and P&L reviews, working closely with Finance functions in the regions and FP&A in HQ
- You are the expert on PPA for newly acquired businesses and are experienced in performing goodwill impairment tests
- You are responsible for the timely preparation of the IFRS Group Consolidation and Group Annual Accounts
- You ensure the timely preparation and filing of all statutory accounts under local GAAP of all entities in the TIP Group
- You are planning and driving all external audits for Group and statutory purposes. You have expertise in driving efficiencies in the external audit approach, introducing modern techniques such as data analytics
- You manage the SLA with the outsourced shared service provider
- You ensure that the internal control framework within the TIP group is robust and updated regularly to mitigate risks associated with current and new business activities
- You initiate continuous process improvements, you standardize and automate processes and implement best practices in accounting, controlling and reporting
- At least 15 years of post-qualification accounting experience in a multinational environment, whilst coming from a Big 4 audit background
- Charted accountant qualification (such as CPA, CA, RA)
- Positive can-do attitude and energy level; you are results driven
- Are a strong leader, able to manage, motivate, and develop a large team
- In detailed knowledge of IFRS and you ensure our Accounting Manual is up to date
- Guardian of the Finance Data Model, including our Chart of Accounts
- Passionate about and have a proven track record in identifying and implementing best practices in financial accounting processes
- IT savvy, you know how to and what to find in challenging IT landscapes
- Excellent communication and influencer skills at senior management levels across the business
- Experience in building a risk control framework from an end-to-end process perspective (e.g. P2P, O2C, R2R)
- Able to identify potential cross functional implications of business events and transactions
Tip Trailer Services
TIP is one of Europe and Canada’s leading equipment service providers. They specialize in trailer and truck leasing, rental, maintenance and repair, as well as other value-added services such as telematics, and provide these to transportation and logistics customers. Their customers therefore only need to work with one service partner: TIP. TIP simplifies their fleet management and enables them to focus on their core business activities.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, TIP serves our customers from 129 locations in 18 countries across Europe and Canada.
With approximately 100,000 units in their fleet, TIP is considered an industry leader, with one of the largest and most diverse trailer and truck fleets in Europe and Canada.
TIP has over 3000 employees worldwide, coming from different backgrounds. TIP embraces cultural diversity and promotes an inclusive work environment. All belong to the “TIP family”.
More information? Please contact Marcel.Eldering@greenbergnielsen.nl or call 06-22555850 / 010-2687140