As Corporate Financial Controller for SHV Holdings N.V. (SHV) you will be working for a professional and entrepreneurial multinational corporation with an enormous diversity of leading business activities. You will be part of the Corporate Control team consisting of Corporate Business Controllers and Corporate Financial Controllers, reporting directly to the Corporate Director Control and support the Senior Vice President (SVP) Finance, Executive Board of Directors (EBD) and Corporate Functional Directors. The team consists of highly driven, young and talented professionals.
The Corporate Control team plays an important role in the lead up to strategic and commercial decision- making and reviewing strategy plans, forecasts, financing- and investment proposals.
We are looking for a Financial Controller who will be involved in the planning & control cycle of SHV, with a leading role in compiling management presentations and reports including analysis on financial performance for the EBD and Supervisory Board of Directors (SBD).
In this role you will also act as a linking pin between the Corporate Consolidation and Reporting department and the Corporate Business Controllers. You will support the Corporate Functional Directors with your financial expertise and business perspective (e.g. in preparing the rolling forecast) and have a coordinating role in the central audit process of SHV and its Groups.
Within SHV you will be given plenty of opportunities for training and development, including the potential for an (international) career after 5 years of service.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Sparring partner for Corporate Director Control and SVP Finance;
- Responsible for compiling management reports addressing operational and financial performance of SHV and its businesses (e.g. monthly and quarterly report);
- Providing a broad range of financial analysis on Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow;
- Reviewing strategy plans, quarterly rolling forecasts, financing- and investment proposals to support decision making by EBD and Corporate Functional Directors.
- Adding value to SVP Finance and EBD decision making by offering advice on financial, operational and strategic levels;
- Coordinating role in the central audit process of SHV and its Groups by carrying out guidelines, being involved in audit planning and monitoring progress;
- All the opportunity to grow into this position and incorporate more elements such as tax, IT, treasury
- Participation in a variety of projects in which you are expected to demonstrate both financial expertise and a creative, broad business perspective.
Education and personal skills
- Degree in Business Economics and/or Accountancy, preferably with completed Post-Master;
- >5 years work experience in a Big-4 office or a (preferably international) business environment;
- Preferably internationally mobile;
- Proof of excellent skills in accounting and/or control, demonstrating you are well able to think outside the box;
- Enthusiastic, positive, down to earth and convincing;
- Team player;
- Strong interpersonal competencies;
- Fluent in English.
SHV is a privately-held family company which aims to maintain its strong position in a number of operational activities and selected investment activities. Originated in 1896 from a merger between coal trading companies, SHV has transformed throughout the years by continually adapting to a changing business environment. SHV’s entrepreneurship is reflected in its range of decentralised operations, which are active in energy distribution (SHV Energy), cash-and-carry wholesale (Makro), heavy lifting and transport activities (Mammoet), industrial services (ERIKS) and animal nutrition and aqua feed (Nutreco). As an investor, SHV provides private equity to companies in the Netherlands (NPM Capital) and is – via its participation in ONE-Dyas – involved in the exploration, development and production of oil and gas, primarily in the North Sea.
SHV has a long term focus, expanding and developing businesses and providing customers with excellent products and services, which add value. SHV believes in doing business in a responsible and sustainable way – by finding the right balance between people, profit, planet and pride. Thinking about the needs of future generations and the companies’ role in society takes a central place at SHV.
SHV believes its people, approximately 60.000 colleagues in over 60 countries, are key to its success. Group companies and their business units are supported from SHV Head Office in Utrecht, the Netherlands, where the culture is typified by its professionalism, common sense and entrepreneurship. Mutual respect and trust provide the basis for a sound working relationship among the people. All colleagues are encouraged to take responsibility in their work and to be innovative.
For additional information regarding this position please contact Rick Westland at 06 24 87 54 57 or at Rick.Westland@GreenbergNielsen.nl