Via is looking for a Finance Associate to be involved in all aspects of its core finance functions in Eu-rope, including the accounts payable process, T&E reimbursement process, the month-end financial close, financial reporting and technical accounting research, while driving process improvement throughout the finance organization. Via is a global scale-up undergoing rapid growth, but its relatively small European team (~ 70 people) retains a dynamic start-up culture and makes it easy for you to have an outsized impact. Within the company lies a great growth path for people who dare to grow. The company is active in 20+ countries and has its Dutch office based in Amsterdam. The finance team is based in the US, the Netherlands and in Tel Aviv. You will work closely with a team of two at the Amsterdam office.
What are you going to do?
- Manage finance and accounting projects across Via’s European operations, developing a unique knowledge and understanding of the business as a whole;
- Working closely with other members of the finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting that will help efficient decision-making at the management and operational levels;
- Taking the lead of all accounts payable process, taking responsibility for the right cost allocation and general control over the whole process;
- Actively involved in projects in which new business initiatives will ask for your cooperation with teams such as operations, growth, data and partnerships, i.e. to develop adequate and complete reporting
- Scale up the company’s systems and processes as we continue to expand, playing a large role in ensuring compliance and optimization of accounting and tax structures;
- Support in filling and preparing financial statements;
Who are you?
- Organized and independent: a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility;
- Willingness and ability to learn complex processes and systems;
- Strong analytical and communication skills, you are able to analyse a problem, pay attention to details, and would like to work closely with an international team;
- Background in audit/tax or another accounting role;
- Working knowledge of Dutch, German and/or UK GAAP;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar field of study;
- Fluent in English, another European language is a plus.
Via builds technology that changes the way the world moves. They pioneer the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. With the addition of Remix into their portfolio, they created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves. Via is committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Are you enthusiastic for a job that dares you to grow? Do not hesitate to contact Laura via 06 48 27 13 35 of firstname.lastname@example.org