As a Financial Controller at Cliq Digital, you will work in a dynamic and innovative environment. Cliq Digital is a fast-growing, leading digital lifestyle company, providing consumers worldwide with streaming entertainment services. Members get unlimited access to music, audiobooks, games, sports and movie content. The core business of the Group is the online direct marketing of its streaming entertainment services to consumers globally. In 2019 CLIQ Digital realized over 90% of its sales in Europe and North America. CLIQ Digital’s headquarter is based in Dusseldorf and has offices in Amsterdam, London, Paris, Barcelona and Tequesta, Florida. The Group employs approximately 100 staff and is listed in the Scale (30) segment at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
Due to their current growth stage you will be granted an exciting opportunity to make a difference. In this role, you’ll be working from the HQ in Amsterdam, working on a daily basis to build a future-proof finance and reporting structure. The Finance team covers a wide range of services, from basic bookkeeping to financial reporting & control, tax & compliance, budgeting, analysis and financial planning. You will work side by side with all departments (with 27 different nationalities), from sales to the creative team to help the business grow.
Within Cliq you will be challenged to develop yourself, as you will play an important role in the further growth and professionalization of the company. This means you can’t be afraid to let yourself be heard.
The ideal candidate has a degree in finance, accounting or economics with a minimum of 4 years’ of relevant working experience and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better Cliq.
Main tasks and responsibilities
This job will have a high level of ad-hoc/project work, e.g.:
- Optimization of the financial processes by simplifying processes and connecting (accounting) systems
- Developing and optimizing the risk and Internal control framework
- Optimize reporting tools and enhance data analytics
- Assist in integrating and preparing m&a projects
- Continuous improvement of (financial) reporting and enabling business owners to make data driven decisions
- Implementation of new business activities into the group’s (financial) processes
- Development of a group accounting manual and preparation of (IFRS) position papers
- The development and documentation of the Group’s transfer pricing policy
Besides project related work you will also have recurring tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a sparring partner for the Finance department, non-finance stakeholders and senior management;
- Review the monthly financial reports prepared by the finance team (monthly, quarterly and annual accounts)
- Assist in the preparation of the group financial statements
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of statutory financial statements in different countries (NL, DE, UK, FR, SG)
- Act as first point of contact to the external auditors during international group audits
- Coordination of corporate income tax return for our companies across the world
Education and Personal skills
- A Degree in accounting, finance, economics. Qualification or nearly completed study as a RC, RA, CPA is considered a plus.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a (public)accounting or financial control position;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and experience directly interacting with (senior) colleagues from other departments and third-party service providers (e.g. auditors, tax advisors, valuators)
- A firm, decisive personality to get things done
- Eagerness to make a difference in a dynamic company;
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and reporting standards (IFRS) is preferred
- Fluency in English.
What you get:
- A challenging position in a young and ambitious company
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and grow in an international organization
- A competitive compensation & benefits package
CLIQ company culture
CLIQ is an evolving and dynamic company with an ambitious international team. 28 different nationalities are part of CLIQ– our office language is English. We aim to be the best and while working hard, we are having a good time together. We value teamwork, creativity and result oriented thinking. Our culture is all about attracting and retaining talent. We reward excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidate! If you are the one who wants to contribute to our success, in a young dynamic team, and be a part of the digital lifestyle movement then please apply.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at 06 14 46 06 93 or Rick.Westland@greenbergnielsen.nl