Suitsupply is an international retail company that is going through explosive growth, and which provides high-quality suits to people all over the world. As a Financial Controller you will work from the Suitsupply HQ in Amsterdam, working with the financial controlling team and senior stakeholders on a daily basis to build a future-proof finance and reporting structure. You are a critical part of the business, your responsibility extends from improving the financial processes to assisting in business development activities in China from a finance perspective. Your Span of Control will be extensive, because you will be work on 20 countries and 50 entities. Within Suitsupply you will be challenged to develop yourself, and you will play a pivotal part in the further international growth of the company. The ideal candidate has a certified accounting degree with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting or controlling and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better Suitsupply.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a sparring partner for the management team, finance team, the operational departments and the external auditors;
- Invest constantly in continuous improvement of processes and systems;
- Monthly Consolidation of financials from international subsidiaries;
- Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly close review tasks on for example Inventory, Accruals, Revenue, COGS, Lease accounting;
- Prepare information for senior management to build managerial reports;
- Compliance such as Financial statements and Corporate Income Tax for APAC Region;
- Coordinate the external audits of our international entities;
- Process improvement projects such as accounting manual update and master data cleaning;
- Coordinating and controlling the accounting of China;
- Pro-actively support and advise in developing and further professionalising the controlling department.
Education and personal skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics;
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience within accounting, auditing or financial control;
- Working knowledge of IFRS, Dutch GAAP is preferred;
- Ability to hold your ground in a hectic environment;
- A preference to design and build financial processes;
- Strong communication skills and personality;
- Eagerness to make a difference in a dynamic company with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Affinity with international environments;
- Fluency in English.
Suitsupply is a market defining brand showing strong international growth. We are pioneers at everything we do, and we work hard to keep it that way. Our pioneering spirit generates a contagious energy, which is what enables us to keep putting new ideas into practice. Our strength lies in our formula: straight, to the point and still personal. Fast and effective. Combining craftsmanship with flair. There are few things that distract us. This approach enables us to create an environment in which our customers feel that we only have eyes for them. We are there for people who want to be seen.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at 06 24 87 54 57 or Rick.Westland@GreenbergNielsen.nl