Salary: Highly competitive senior package
Headquartered in Amsterdam on the Zuidas, Mileway is Europe’s leading urban logistics real estate company. With approximately 1.000 properties, they specialize in providing space for last mile delivery of goods and services to urban communities in Europe’s largest economies. They have presence in the Netherlands, Luxembourg, the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Scandinavia and are growing quickly. Although many processes and systems still have to be set up from scratch and they are now just a few months in business, it would be hard to classify Mileway as a start-up. The existing shareholder enables them to set the wheels in motion and start with an astonishing portfolio consisting of approximately 8 Bn in assets and with approximately 125fte by January 2020. Therefore this challenge enables a candidate to embark on an exciting journey and help building Mileway becoming best-in-class.
As Group Consolidation and Reporting Manager you will be working a fast-growing, entrepreneurial and international organization. The Group Consolidation and Reporting Manager report directly to the Group Financial Controller and will be working together with other stakeholders, like Senior Management, Current shareholder, Asset Managers and Auditors as well as across multiple locations.
You will have a highly visible position and will have a strong impact on the future set-up and contribute to strategical decision making. Within this company you will be challenged to work towards best in class group financials, set-up/implement the Group reporting packs & systems and be in control for all 350+ entities. The ideal candidate holds a master degree in finance, qualified RA/ACCA or equivalent, has a minimum of 8+ years working experience and is a high-caliber and entrepreneurial professional with the right energy to get things done.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Sparring partner towards Senior Management, Shareholders, Assets Managers, Auditors and other Stakeholders
- Highly responsible for selecting, implementing and improving the right processes and systems to allow to present group consolidated financials as per public standards
- Develop and improve Group Financials to make Mileway ready for a future IPO/strategic sell.
- Coordinate the Group financial closing process during the quarter- and year-end closing in close cooperation with the finance team in Luxembourg
- Manage and coaching of people, take responsibility for the evolution of the team
- Be the owner of the ‘data cube’ for the Group to allow to report high-quality information (timely, consistently, accurately and completely), to internal and external stakeholders, in line with Group Accounting standards, policies and procedures
- Align all 350+ entities and take responsibility translating from local GAAP into Group GAAP for annual and quarterly Consolidated Group Financials (IFRS)
- Provide assistance and work with M&A teams to assist in due diligence, execution, funding, collections and disposal
- With 75% ad-hoc related tasks you will constantly invest in further improving processes and new ways of working
Education and Skills
- Holds a Master degree in Finance or Economics. MBA or Post-Doc preferred.
- Holds an Accounting qualification (RA, ACCA or equivalent)
- At least 8+ years of working as a finance professional in an Auditing, Consolidation or Financial Controlling role within a dynamic, fast-paced, working environment, with recent experience interacting at senior level.
- Open, eager, entrepreneurial and most-important down to earth.
- Experience with big consolidations and a large number of complex entities is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of technical accounting standards and issues
- Experience with setting up a new consolidation structure is preferred
- Real estate knowledge is helpful
- IT-savvy, e.g. Excel, HFM advanced
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (English, Dutch is pre).
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at 06 24 87 54 57 or Rick.firstname.lastname@example.org.